Best Supercharger system for the money?

Codydubb

Nov 3, 2011
Preston, Id
Looking to do some boost in the near future, just curious what you guys have found to be the best system for the money? im kinda on a low budget so cheap is better.. my upgrades right now are Edelbrock HCI Full exhaust MSD BMT etc......or maybe what would be best for my setup i dont wanna get to radical right out the gate but want something i can push more boost with in the future hopefully.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a used Vortech V-1 S-Trim with MSD6BTM, inline pump, 10psi pulley, full kit for like $2000. I polished it.

I built it on my work bench then carried the entire system to the car and bolted it on.

VortechBench.jpg

MustangSupercharged.jpg

Attachments

• VortechBench.jpg
    VortechBench.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 122
  • MustangSupercharged.jpg
    MustangSupercharged.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 130
Ha! I never heard of anybody doing it that way.

I was bored one night so I reversed engineered it while watching TV. As it sits on the bench (in that picture) it's only like 4 bolts and 1 oil line away from a finished installation. You can see all the red marker I used on bolts, etc. I removed the entire unit in 10 minutes (maybe), polished all the aluminum then 10 minutes to reinstall it.

Find a complete used NOVI2000 kit on Corral for around $2000. There are guys well into the 9 second territory with them, and there are as many guys running them on 12 second combos on the street. It's a very versatile blower, tons of options with pulley size changes and it doesn't run out of steam at high boost.