Best Tire in Cool Weather for Dry Launching Traction

• Sponsors (?)

Good thread. My 275 Michelin Pilot Sports SUCK ASS when cold. They stick great when they are hot.:shrug: I'm in the market for new rear tires soon. Thinking KDW2, KD or BFG drags.:shrug:

You'll need an all-season tire really.

Tires grip better when warm period. You can't defy the laws of physics when it comes to rubber and asphault and traction.

All season tires do work better in cooler temps, but don't expect them to grip as they would on a 90 degree hot humid day.

I run summer-only tires in the winter, and it's scary to see how easy it is to get sideways in 2nd gear on cold pavement.

You'll need an all-season tire really.

Tires grip better when warm period. You can't defy the laws of physics when it comes to rubber and asphault and traction.

All season tires do work better in cooler temps, but don't expect them to grip as they would on a 90 degree hot humid day.

I run summer-only tires in the winter, and it's scary to see how easy it is to get sideways in 2nd gear on cold pavement.
I can live with running all season tires in the winter and fall and putting the drag radials back on for spring and summer.

I researched a little on tirerack.com. It looks like Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Pirelli PZero Nero, and BFG T/A KDWS might be good choices.

I would like to hear from other what A/S tires hook better in cool, dry weather.

In cool weather with with gears, boost, and stall, my 245 Nitto drag radials can only hold about 1/3 throttle at launch, even after a long burnout.

Which street legal tire will give the best dry launching traction in 50 to 65 degree weather?

No tire will be good in that kind of weather. You will need to get a wider tire like 275-310. Many people like the Goodyear Eagle f-1 DS3's or BFG KDW2's. However these are summer tires, not all season.

Just look at the ratings and buy some all season tires.