best tire size for 17x9 wheel

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteDevil said:
Yeah i run 255/45R17s on the front and 275/40R17s in the rear.
my fronts are 40's, but either will do....Just to reiterate AGAIN, you "can" run 275's on a 9" with only a slight amt of bulging...it's not as bad as trying to run them on a stock rim...You "can" run 275's on the front....a lot of guys have been ok, but quite a few on here have not.

RC

All right I'm gonna be different and say freaking 315/35's on the back. I have them and they look sick. Sumitomo HTRZ's.

The tire:
516441_32_full.jpg

On the stang
516441_33_full.jpg

Another angle
516441_34_full.jpg

I will say though, that running this wide of a tire on a 9" rim will not improve traction over a 275 or so. It's mainly just for looks. But when I first put these on, GOD they hooked better than my old 255's!

94GTLaserRC said:
At least if you have all four tires the same, you can rotate the tires.
RC

I wouldn't recommend that. I tried it once, my back ones were worn down pretty good, so I swapped the front for the rear. Goodbye cornering. :nonono: I swapped them back that very night. Bald tires on the front = crappy handling.

CManT1914 said:
I wouldn't recommend that. I tried it once, my back ones were worn down pretty good, so I swapped the front for the rear. Goodbye cornering. :nonono: I swapped them back that very night. Bald tires on the front = crappy handling.
But youre supposed to rotate the tires BEFORE they show signs of wear, not "because" they are wearing.

RC