best tire size

• Sponsors (?)

i want to get a pair of riken raptor for the back, and I just wanted to know what is the best size to get where I don't have to mod anything? would 275/40 rim 17 work?

17x? 275 will work on 17x8 and 17x9, it will bulge a bit on a x8 but its doable.

I have 275's out back on the stock 17x8 wheels with no problem. Is there any particular reason as to whyyou're inclined on getting the rikens? I used to have rikens up front and, among other things, the sidewall on them looked huge compared to the exact same sized tire that I replaced them with. It made the rim look like a 16" wheel.

I had Riken Raptor tires on my rear for several months, then when the fronts were shot i put the rikens up front and put some Nitto 555 on the rear. I got the Nittos for $135 each. Oh the size for everything is 245 45 17. How much can you get the rikens for? I was going to get the rikens too until i found that the nittos are only a few bucks more.

If you want the 275 40 17 nittos they are 154.99 each from american muscle. Free shipping. From summit the 275 40 17 rikens are 119.95 each plus $20 shipping. So i guess the difference is $25 each. Having used both i can tell you that the Nittos are quite a bit stickier than the rikens, but i really dont have any complaints about the rikens. With both tires once they are hot they stick very freakin well. The one thing i did notice is that the speed rating on the nittos is better than the rikens. Treadware as far as i can see on the car is the same with both tires.

I have 275's out back on the stock 17x8 wheels with no problem. Is there any particular reason as to whyyou're inclined on getting the rikens? I used to have rikens up front and, among other things, the sidewall on them looked huge compared to the exact same sized tire that I replaced them with. It made the rim look like a 16" wheel.

I kinda like the larger sidewall look. But i just came out of a truck with big meaty all terrain tires so i like the look of tires i guess. I have never been into the low profile look. I think the sidewalls look almost drag radial, which is just my taste. But to each his own.

I had Riken Raptor tires on my rear for several months, then when the fronts were shot i put the rikens up front and put some Nitto 555 on the rear. I got the Nittos for $135 each. Oh the size for everything is 245 45 17. How much can you get the rikens for? I was going to get the rikens too until i found that the nittos are only a few bucks more.

If you want the 275 40 17 nittos they are 154.99 each from american muscle. Free shipping. From summit the 275 40 17 rikens are 119.95 each plus $20 shipping. So i guess the difference is $25 each. Having used both i can tell you that the Nittos are quite a bit stickier than the rikens, but i really dont have any complaints about the rikens. With both tires once they are hot they stick very freakin well. The one thing i did notice is that the speed rating on the nittos is better than the rikens. Treadware as far as i can see on the car is the same with both tires.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but....what kind of life did you guys get out of your Nittos? I'm about to get some and have been wondering how they are.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but....what kind of life did you guys get out of your Nittos? I'm about to get some and have been wondering how they are.

There is no such thing as hijacking a thread. Just enhancing the available information. Anyway it is too early to know the treadlife on my Nitto tires because they are still new, but they are wearing a little better than my rikens which are on the front now and have around 10000 miles on them and they still look pretty darn new. I dont do burnouts, donuts, launches, hard corners so they are holding up well. If you beat the **** out of the tires then they obviously wont last as long. But driving conservatively and occasionally having fun a few times a day, the wear is pretty similar to harder compounds.

There is no such thing as hijacking a thread. Just enhancing the available information. Anyway it is too early to know the treadlife on my Nitto tires because they are still new, but they are wearing a little better than my rikens which are on the front now and have around 10000 miles on them and they still look pretty darn new. I dont do burnouts, donuts, launches, hard corners so they are holding up well. If you beat the **** out of the tires then they obviously wont last as long. But driving conservatively and occasionally having fun a few times a day, the wear is pretty similar to harder compounds.

Thank you very much. I don't tend to be too abusive on a set of tires so that sounds good to me!

Nitto's last. The R compounds though don't do so well for street use being that they are DR's. When I was looking at tires a member on here told me he was at 35K miles AND made more than a few passes at the track with them as well. Can't go wrong with either of those much less both with the same tire.

Many people say 275's fit on the factory 8" wheel, but I had to exchange 275 BFG's for 245's because the shop wouldn't mount them. A lot of shops won't mount a 275 on a rim narrower than 9". Just FYI.

269725_2056162775103_1575625529_1957774_2369544_n.jpg