Beware Of Ebay Seller "auction2200", Aka Champion Auto Group Out Of Dallas, Tx

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry but that is still horrible customer service. As a vendor you need to handle each situation separately. Had he taken the new wheel, put it on his car for a joy ride then sent it back to you, I understand the reason to refuse a return. The customer obviously did not receive what he was looking for. The whole "I cant sell this again so it's yours" attitude shows two things, 1. Horrible way to treat your customers, 2. Your company isn't making that much money. I work at an auto parts store and we will accept pretty much any return no questions asked, installed or not, with a receipt, and using discretion of course for thieves.

And the whole creating an account on here to plead your case just makes it worse, had you taken care of the customer in the first place this would not be necessary, and the customer is always right.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sorry but that is still horrible customer service. As a vendor you need to handle each situation separately. Had he taken the new wheel, put it on his car for a joy ride then sent it back to you, I understand the reason to refuse a return. The customer obviously did not receive what he was looking for. The whole "I cant sell this again so it's yours" attitude shows two things, 1. Horrible way to treat your customers, 2. Your company isn't making that much money. I work at an auto parts store and we will accept pretty much any return no questions asked, installed or not, with a receipt, and using discretion of course for thieves.

And the whole creating an account on here to plead your case just makes it worse, had you taken care of the customer in the first place this would not be necessary, and the customer is always right.

^Truf
Lemme guess.... Now he has kids and doesn't know who the mother is. :chair:

No he graduated and moved to the Bahamas to be a sailing instructor. Go figure.

"The customer is always right". I'm a manager in retail, one thing that applies to all business is that you want repeat customers, no matter what you have to do to get them back. If you have to bend over and take it the first time they shop with you, then you take it with a smile and ask them to come back and do it again tomorrow because whatever deal you cut them today will make them a repeat customer, and you'll make that money back in repeat sales. This is business 101. The cost of this one business transaction is likely going to cost the business of several future customers AND repeat customers, so you lose more than you would if you had taken a hit on the wheels and made this guy happy. You've gained the price of a set of wheels and lost future business with him and whoever else he tells this story to. Word of mouth is a powerful tool and it can make or break small businesses.

"The customer is always right". I'm a manager in retail, one thing that applies to all business is that you want repeat customers, no matter what you have to do to get them back. If you have to bend over and take it the first time they shop with you, then you take it with a smile and ask them to come back and do it again tomorrow. This is business 101. .

If your business has to implement this strategy, you are in the wrong business. I will not let a customer defraud me, period, he can go F*** himself before I take it is the azz again and again to make this type of "customer" happy. These people are consumers, NOT customers.

There HAS to be an untruth here somewhere between the two sides of the story. One guy says it never left the box, another says it was mounted, meaning it for sure left the box.

Something stinks, and its not the aforementioned Walmart undies

True... and I tell ya, I was on the fence as to who might have integrity issues until someone created multiple accounts to discredit the other then denied it.

Juss Sayin' :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Wanted to chime in here & give you guys our side of the story.

Ebay listing was exactly how the wheel was sold. New 05-09 Shelby CS40 Wheel 20x10 (rear wheel). This wheel was the last one out there being sold... wheels are discontinued. We only sell NEW wheels and very limited amounts at that. This wheel was inspected and shipped out to Nick "95BlueStallion" and was not damaged in the process. The listing on eBay mentioned that it was the early rivet design & also had pictures on our listings to show it. Nick still made the purchase even after looking at the pictures/information.

Nick called us asking about returning the wheel because he said it was a different rivet style. We accepted the return & provided instructions.

Upon receiving the wheel back & inspecting it we had to decline the return because of the obvious damage that had been made. (Pictures included). Sent the information over to Nick and once the tracking # was issued by FedEx I sent that over as well for his records. We paid shipping back to him.

We tried to work with the customer but we are not able to refund or accept returns that have been installed or damaged. Claim was filed by Nick through eBay and after they reviewed all the information the case was closed and ruled in favor of Champion Auto Group. We have maintained a good reputation with our customer base because of the customer service we provide. I wish we could of worked something out Nick but the reality is that there was nothing else that could of been done.

We sent you a new wheel and received a used one back... this was the last one we had of the set & we know for sure it was never installed before.

Just wanted to provide our side of the story.

Champion Auto Group

Nick-Baxter-1.jpg

Nick-Baxter-2.jpg

Nick-Baxter-3.jpg

Nick-Baxter-4.jpg

Nick-Baxter-5.jpg

Nick-Baxter-6.jpg

Nick-Baxter-7.jpg

Nick-Baxter-8.jpg

Nick-Baxter-9.jpg

Nick-Baxter-10a.jpg

Nick-Baxter-11.jpg

Nick-Baxter-12.jpg

Nick-Baxter-13.jpg

Funny how all of your damage is in places that is not visible when you dont remove the wheel from the box... Also you did state "early style rivets" but did not take the time to describe whether they were the six sided allen head rivets, or star pattern. I was not sure if I already owned the new or old style, and your pictures were not big enough to show the detail. Lastly, the box you shipped it in had a picture of a wheel with no rivets, where as the American Muscle box showed the actual wheel that was in the box, along with a sealed plastic liner around the wheel and the original bubble wrap from the wheel manufacturer. You wheel had no bag, and random bubble wrap, but there is NO WAY your wheel was possibly used, only "inspected" before you sent it to me. Why do you take a new wheel out of the box to inspect it in the first place? Again, I did a poor job covering my ass, so you win.

If your business has to implement this strategy, you are in the wrong business. I will not let a customer defraud me, period, he can go F*** himself before I take it is the azz again and again to make this type of "customer" happy. These people are consumers, NOT customers.

There's a difference between getting completely screwed over and how this situation is. You let some slide and you tell others tough luck. I don't think this is one of those tough luck scenarios.

Reactions: 1 user
Something doesn't sound right here? What do you mean they sided with him because you didn't have any pictures or evidence? You stated they sent you the wheel back. Just take photos. Also you state, "he refused my return because I obviously mounted and used the wheel." You just admitted to mounting and using the wheel! Dude! What's the matter with you! You can't use auto parts and expect them to take them back? No company will take them back. You're upset that you got caught and you're trying to get sympathy here????:flame:

So you are telling me that if I took photos of the used wheel they sent back to me, that Ebay would side in my favor that I sent the new wheel back originally? That makes perfect sense. Also my quote was actually, "he said he refused my return because I obviously mounted and used the wheel" which means that is his side to the story, AKA what "he said." You guys are brilliant. Thanks Brian, and Noobz for helping me further prove my point that this is a seller that everyone should be leery of.

Funny how all of your damage is in places that is not visible when you dont remove the wheel from the box... Also you did state "early style rivets" but did not take the time to describe whether they were the six sided allen head rivets, or star pattern. I was not sure if I already owned the new or old style, and your pictures were not big enough to show the detail. Lastly, the box you shipped it in had a picture of a wheel with no rivets, where as the American Muscle box showed the actual wheel that was in the box, along with a sealed plastic liner around the wheel and the original bubble wrap from the wheel manufacturer. You wheel had no bag, and random bubble wrap, but there is NO WAY your wheel was possibly used, only "inspected" before you sent it to me. Again, I did a poor job covering my ass, so you win.
My guess, judging by what I've seen here is that they were counting on that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

There's a difference between getting completely screwed over and how this situation is. You let some slide and you tell others tough luck. I don't think this is one of those tough luck scenarios.
Could be........but something stinks about this scenario, someone is either not telling the truth, or not telling the whole story or both, and I think that neither side will come clean about it.

Could be........but something stinks about this scenario, someone is either not telling the truth, or not telling the whole story or both, and I think that neither side will come clean about it.

You're most likely right. My very first boss told me that whole line about the customer is always right is total BS, but that if you want repeat business, you better treat them like they are and make them happy. That was almost 20 years ago. These days, if you have more than a hole in the wall back country business, then you're probably on the internet and that opens up the word of mouth machine to hoards of people. Whether it's fair or not, it's in the best interest of the business to try to work something out to make the customer happy.

Again, I have an email string where he admits to opening the new box and inspecting the wheel before ever sending it to me. This way he can know for sure it is in "new" condition before it ever gets to me. Who opens an unopened box received by a manufacturer to inspect it before sending it out? My arguement was that his company could have damaged the wheel during that initial inspection. Again, since I never removed the wheel from the box, I didnt see the scuffs on the underside of the lip from a tire mounting, nor the scratches on the backside lip of the wheel where it was most likely placed on the ground during his "inspection." Had I pulled it out and looked it over to cover my ass, I would taken pictures and asked for a refund for receiving a used wheel in the first place. He had my trust, and burned me. Stuff happens, I didnt cover my rear and I accept that. After the email response saying, "go ahead and tell your story on the forums, we have a WORLDWIDE reputation," I couldnt help but be irritated enough to do so. What further irritates me (and this is way after the fact), I buy another new wheel from American Muscle once they get them back in stock. Their new wheel is wrapped in a plastic bag from the manufacturer, and stuffed to the gills with bubble wrap from the manufacturer. Champion sent me the wheel wrapped in a third of the bubble wrap the manufacturer uses, and then only in cardboard with no bubble wrap when I was forced to take it back with no refund. I didnt want to go into detail in this thread, but there are several ways that prove this was not a "new in unopened packaging" wheel, and I just simply did not think to cover my ass enough. This was just a warning thread to everyone on Stangnet, not a give me pity thread.

Wanted to chime in here & give you guys our side of the story.

Ebay listing was exactly how the wheel was sold. New 05-09 Shelby CS40 Wheel 20x10 (rear wheel). This wheel was the last one out there being sold... wheels are discontinued. We only sell NEW wheels and very limited amounts at that. This wheel was inspected and shipped out to Nick "95BlueStallion" and was not damaged in the process. The listing on eBay mentioned that it was the early rivet design & also had pictures on our listings to show it. Nick still made the purchase even after looking at the pictures/information.

Nick called us asking about returning the wheel because he said it was a different rivet style. We accepted the return & provided instructions.

Upon receiving the wheel back & inspecting it we had to decline the return because of the obvious damage that had been made. (Pictures included). Sent the information over to Nick and once the tracking # was issued by FedEx I sent that over as well for his records. We paid shipping back to him.

We tried to work with the customer but we are not able to refund or accept returns that have been installed or damaged. Claim was filed by Nick through eBay and after they reviewed all the information the case was closed and ruled in favor of Champion Auto Group. We have maintained a good reputation with our customer base because of the customer service we provide. I wish we could of worked something out Nick but the reality is that there was nothing else that could of been done.

We sent you a new wheel and received a used one back... this was the last one we had of the set & we know for sure it was never installed before.

Just wanted to provide our side of the story.

Champion Auto Group

Nick-Baxter-1.jpg

Nick-Baxter-2.jpg

Nick-Baxter-3.jpg

Nick-Baxter-4.jpg

Nick-Baxter-5.jpg

Nick-Baxter-6.jpg

Nick-Baxter-7.jpg

Nick-Baxter-8.jpg

Nick-Baxter-9.jpg

Nick-Baxter-10a.jpg

Nick-Baxter-11.jpg

Nick-Baxter-12.jpg

Nick-Baxter-13.jpg

This post alone convinces me to avoid business with Champion. Good business is to settle a dispute with a customer in private, not to jump into a forum and participate in the :poo: kicking. I've walked away from many a business because employees had defensive or standoffish attitudes.

I've talked to Nick a few times and he seems like a legit guy. Plus, nothing I'm seeing in the pictures convinces me that a tire was installed and it wasn't just a roughly handled and poorly packaged wheel.

If Nick was really trying to pull a fast one on this Champion company, would he have drawn more attention to himself and the situation by creating this thread after the fact? How does Nick stand to gain from this?