Beware Of Ebay Seller "auction2200", Aka Champion Auto Group Out Of Dallas, Tx

This post alone convinces me to avoid business with Champion. Good business is to settle a dispute with a customer in private, not to jump into a forum and participate in the **** kicking. I've walked away from many a business because employees had defensive or standoffish attitudes.

I've talked to Nick a few times and he seems like a legit guy. Plus, nothing I'm seeing in the pictures convinces me that a tire was installed and it wasn't just a roughly handled and poorly packaged wheel.

If Nick was really trying to pull a fast one on this Champion company, would he have drawn more attention to himself and the situation by creating this thread after the fact? How does Nick stand to gain from this?

Ya know.... I spent a lot of time looking at these pictures. I worked at discount tire for several months after college (Thanks, job market) and installed hundreds, if not thousands of tires. Some of those pictures look like my dog chewed on them more than they had been on a tire machine.

And whats to say this wheel wasn't in that condition before he got it? All he noticed was the rivets were wrong. Why would he further inspect it? Tape it and send it back, mayne.

• Sponsors (?)

There's another small thing that's been nagging at me a little.

The vendor says that once the wheel arrived back to them that they refused the return and sent it back to the OP. So just when were the all pictures taken? :shrug: I mean... If I'm a vendor and I get a wheel back that is damaged, is it normal practice to shoot pics of each nook and cranny before I let the UPS guy take it back?

Maybe I was prepared for this war before the OP even placed the order.

Just thinking out loud. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Ya know, come to think of it: I saw a UPS truck with a Shelby wheel mounted on it the other day.

Now it makes since.:crazy:

Reactions: 1 user
Ebay was so 10 years ago. Honestly i have found more big name vendors that are able to match Ebay type prices and the customer support is all that i could hope it would be.

There's another small thing that's been nagging at me a little.

The vendor says that once the wheel arrived back to them that they refused the return and sent it back to the OP. So just when were the all pictures taken? :shrug: I mean... If I'm a vendor and I get a wheel back that is damaged, is it normal practice to shoot pics of each nook and cranny before I let the UPS guy take it back?

Maybe I was prepared for this war before the OP even placed the order.

Just thinking out loud. :shrug:

This.

I knew I was being screwed when the wheel was already being shipped back to me before I received the email stating my return was refused. Thanks for trying to work out a solution, or even ask if I wanted to contact the shipping company to file a possible claim with them. Matter of fact, this thread is actually the first time I was provided the pictures of the damage they claim I did to the wheel. Champion, if you still have eyes on this thread, please feel free to contact me through Ebay since you got yourself banned here. The wheel still sits in the box, and I would gladly share with everyone that you had a change of heart and decided to operate an honest business.

I can see him taking pictures of it before sending it back to have some type of defense in case of a dispute but what he did on here was unprofessional. I guess next time you have to take a picture of the UPS guy holding the wheel giving a thumbs up before you send it back in case anyone tries to pull this on you again.

thats not true my account was hacked while I was in basic training in 2005 someone bought $1500 worth of some stupid stamps and I got the shaft. I was in basic/AIT for 20 weeks with no access to the internet and didn't find out till I got home and was like wtf I'm short some money ( I thought the hooker was expensive but not that expensive)

Let it be known that Champion Auto Group has created two ALT accounts in order to assist in discrediting the OP's claims.
Take that information for what it's worth.
~Noobz
Indeed....this calls for a thread merging, just so no details are lost between the threads and it can be brought to light just how shady these guys really are.

Customer sevice trumps bargain pricing any day in my book. There's nothing I like more than to watch corrupt business people go under because their own bad reputation frightened away customers. I've had problems with Ebay in the past, and as a result I deal with businesses directly and use my VISA card. That's all the protection you need. More than one occasion I've called VISA to report fraudulent business and ALWAYS got reimbursed while watching the business get a hit by the BBB.

Ebay can suck it, along with On3, Keisler Transmissions, and now these guys. The information age is a bitch, ain't it?

Customer sevice trumps bargain pricing any day in my book. There's nothing I like more than to watch corrupt business people go under because their own bad reputation frightened away customers. I've had problems with Ebay in the past, and as a result I deal with businesses directly and use my VISA card. That's all the protection you need. More than one occasion I've called VISA to report fraudulent business and ALWAYS got reimbursed while watching the business get a hit by the BBB.

Ebay can suck it, along with On3, Keisler Transmissions, and now these guys. The information age is a ****, ain't it?

I've had a few good experiences with Ebay, the most notable one being the 30 lb/hr injectors that are on my car. They were a used set that I bought from a company that specializes in refinishing used injectors, they came with documentation and full flow test results, hand written and signed by the technician. Very nice.

Now on the other hand I've got this set of wheels for sale on Craigslist and I've been jerked around 3 times on already...

I've had a few good experiences with Ebay, the most notable one being the 30 lb/hr injectors that are on my car. They were a used set that I bought from a company that specializes in refinishing used injectors, they came with documentation and full flow test results, hand written and signed by the technician. Very nice.
Well sorry, I guess my statement was too vague.. I've bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff on Ebay with no problems. What I meant was if you get into a dispute with someone who sells gazillions of dollars worth of stuff on their site, they'll side with the big company instead of the little guy getting screwed. It's all about what's in their interest...