Beware of Modular Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

01blowngt

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered some parts from Modular depot about 2 months ago. When I received the parts, the package was incomplete. After some talk on the phone, I decide I don't want to deal with them anymore and want to return the unused parts. They tell me I have to pay a 15% restocking fee. Okay fine, that is pretty normal, so I agree and ask for an RMA number. They give me one and I send the products back. I check my credit card statement and notice they have only returned a portion of the amount, with holding more then 15%. So I call and ask why. After 20 minutes of hold time, they come back and say they accidentally charged me too much and will take care of it. When I ask how much they are going to further credit me, they put me back on hold, and I am still holding... it has now been 30 minutes since I asked how much more I will get credited... still on hold.

Either they really can't count or deal with simple fractions, or they are a bunch of scam artists. You decide, but if you deal with them, pay close attention to how much you get charged... they may "accidentally" charge you too much too.

• Sponsors (?)

I had some issues with them too. They all seem like good people, but when it comes down to getting the job done I'll go somewhere else. Shame, too, cause I was about to order a whipple from them and have them install it. Now I gotta find somewhere else

People, this is total bull****. He bought a FRPP brake kit that arrived without the brake pads. The kit was packaged by FRPP. Ken at Modular Depot offered to ship the pads, but this guy decided to pay the restocking fee to return the brake kit. He's mad because MD charged him their normal 20 percent restocking fee when Ken inadvertantly told him 15 percent. MD refunded the difference. I have bought some stuff from MD and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

People, this is total bull****. He bought a FRPP brake kit that arrived without the brake pads. The kit was packaged by FRPP. Ken at Modular Depot offered to ship the pads, but this guy decided to pay the restocking fee to return the brake kit. He's mad because MD charged him their normal 20 percent restocking fee when Ken inadvertantly told him 15 percent. MD refunded the difference. I have bought some stuff from MD and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

Really? Which part is BS? Ken from MD himself made it clear I wasn't lying and people here have posted similar issues with MD so how is any of it BS.

Guys, this guy is a personal friend of the owner and is trying to defend his friend. I am not associated with him or the shop and I am just passing along my experience which the shop owner himself has admitted happened. Make your own decision from that.

01blowngt and Jimfitzgerald, we understand the story here from both sides. Please remain civil and on topic with facts. Don't let this become personal. I'll stay close to this to make sure we don't side track like the posts on modular and corral's forums. Be aware I'm not siding with anyone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.