Big problem, My front right wheel sits farther back in the wheel well??

1TRIKGT

Mar 31, 2005
Miami, Fl
I just drove from Arlington,Va to Miami florida in my now 165,000+ mile stang and realized once I got here that my passenger front rim is sitting farther back in the wheel well than my drivers side rim. But I dont remember if it was like that before, its maybe an inch or two back so somethings not right. I changed my shocks/struts, springs I changed to sportlines and added x2 ball joints without the spring spacer and without the lower spring isolators in the front but iv never seen something like this before so if anyone has any help they can offer me Id greatly appreciate it since I still have to drive the car back in 2 weeks. I havnt notices anything besides a very slight rattle from what sounds to be coming from the front passenger side of the car when I drive down the dirt road by my brother in laws and a small vibration from my feet which could be from the stiffer springs.
Jose

• Sponsors (?)

super302 said:
he's in virginia :shrug:

I just drove from Arlington,Va to Miami florida in my now 165,000+ mile stang and realized once I got here that my passenger front rim is sitting farther back in the wheel well than my drivers side rim. But I dont remember if it was like that before, its maybe an inch or two back so somethings not right. I changed my shocks/struts, springs I changed to sportlines and added x2 ball joints without the spring spacer and without the lower spring isolators in the front but iv never seen something like this before so if anyone has any help they can offer me Id greatly appreciate it since I still have to drive the car back in 2 weeks. I havnt notices anything besides a very slight rattle from what sounds to be coming from the front passenger side of the car when I drive down the dirt road by my brother in laws and a small vibration from my feet which could be from the stiffer springs.
Jose
Sounds like he's still here to me..

wystang drives fast OK...
I try :D

Yea actually I am back in miami for a few weeks visiting and its been HOT as **ck the last two days, but the stang has been sitting at my brother in laws the last couple days untill I figure out whats wrong with it and how I can fix it. The drop is extreme but it has a very sinister stance now and I like it, even more once I can afford to buy the 17x9's and 18x10.5's to stuff into the wheel wells.

Same Problem

Just recently I did new shocks/struts, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Steeda X2's, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Steeda 3-bolt caster camber plates and had it aligned... I can't remember if it was like this before the suspension changes or not though... I'm going to take it back and have it looked at, and if nothing else, get a few other opinions. The car seems to drive fine. It tracks straight and everything. It has a slight vibration in the steering wheel around 50-55... but it did before, it just used to be more noticable...

Driver:
View attachment 509231
Passenger:
View attachment 509233

1TRIKGT said:
Yea actually I am back in miami for a few weeks visiting and its been HOT as **ck the last two days, but the stang has been sitting at my brother in laws the last couple days untill I figure out whats wrong with it and how I can fix it. The drop is extreme but it has a very sinister stance now and I like it, even more once I can afford to buy the 17x9's and 18x10.5's to stuff into the wheel wells.

Will you be able to get those 18X10.5s on the rear with the car that low. I am currently contemplating my rim size and have lowered my car about 2" or so.

AaronG said:
Just recently I did new shocks/struts, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Steeda X2's, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Steeda 3-bolt caster camber plates and had it aligned... I can't remember if it was like this before the suspension changes or not though... I'm going to take it back and have it looked at, and if nothing else, get a few other opinions. The car seems to drive fine. It tracks straight and everything. It has a slight vibration in the steering wheel around 50-55... but it did before, it just used to be more noticable...

Driver:
View attachment 509205
Passenger:
View attachment 509207

What's wrong with those pics, I don't see anything? :shrug:

Iv been getting alote of responses from people on here and corral.net forums that have the same problem on the same side and its starting to make me wonder if its a factory defect because theres no way that so many cars have been in an accident( I was sugested this was the cause from someone on corral.net) and have ended up looking the same, my passenger wheel looks just like yours AaronG. I think im going to try to get ahold of someone in ford and find out if it's a defect or not and what they are doin about it, if anything. I also didnt notice it untill the drop but thats not to say it was allready pushed back before.
Methodical- yea you can put 18x10.5 even 11's out back it just depends on the tires you put on and how much weight that you put in the back seat and trunk, Iv seen sn's with a 2" drop out back and run 315-35-18's with no problems