Bigger TB

Pro-Hawk

Dec 4, 2003
West Texas
I was scanning the web looking for imfo on some stuff I'm doing to my SVO when I ran across some dyno results some Merkur guys did. In those dyno results they had switched back and forth on a bigger TB for the 2.3T. Since they use the same motor as the rest of the 2.3Ts I figured I'd post the link and let you check it out. This maybe why you don't here to many people complaining about there bigger TB and have taken it off to swap back the stock 2.3T TB.

http://www.merkurclub.com/events/mca_mpd_dyno2.htm

Sorry about the new thread on a already beat to death topic, I tryed to find an old one to post off of but couldn't.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure on that much gain in hp but I'm thinking you should get something from this swap. :shrug: I always wanted one because of the driveability but reading that just makes me want it even more. If you look at Creig Gillis's car on MM&FF he's got one with a adaptor plate. Maybe its a top secret mod that no one wants out of the bag :D

Hey thanks for that link, I don't recall seeing it before.

That's a big 'ol jump, and makes total sense in my book, especially since we are porting everything else.

I've got mine! (now I just need to put it on...) :D

I was planning on doing a dyno before/after - but since that's already been done, I should proceed as quickly as possible! :nice:

'94-95 5.0 TB or SHO SC TB. Pretty cheap on E-bay. I got mine for $10. Bob has an adapter for the throttle cable mount - or you can make one. You can drill out new holes in your upper intake or buy the adapter from Bob as well. Pretty easy.

I'll make my own adapter, kinda enjoy doing that stuff.

140cilx said:
Hey thanks for that link, I don't recall seeing it before.

That's a big 'ol jump, and makes total sense in my book, especially since we are porting everything else.

I've got mine! (now I just need to put it on...) :D

I was planning on doing a dyno before/after - but since that's already been done, I should proceed as quickly as possible! :nice:

Np.

I got bored and was searching for imfo on swaping to the square intakes one night when I came across that site. I'm going to do it but not right now I'm going to wait untill I get my current mods done and the SVO running right. I'm afraid of doing to many mods at one time and not being able to pen point any problems that may pop up. Hell I just got through polishing my exhaust elbow on my turbo, not sure if it will but it looks nice :D (I got pics of my ported head on that link below and will post the elbow soon also) I got my TB for 8.00 shipped :) The guy tryed to sell it on ebay but no one would buy it so he told me 8.00 shipped and its mine :) Talking about a cheap mod :nice:

140cilx said:
'94-95 5.0 TB or SHO SC TB. Pretty cheap on E-bay. I got mine for $10. Bob has an adapter for the throttle cable mount - or you can make one. You can drill out new holes in your upper intake or buy the adapter from Bob as well. Pretty easy.

I'll make my own adapter, kinda enjoy doing that stuff.

Aha! I knew bob had the throttle cable adapter but I didn't know he had the intake adapter. I'll have to definitely check that out then.

I can't say what SHO TB we can use but probly all of them since they really didn't make that many years of them I don't think. Some people use the SCoupe TB while others use the 94-95 GT TB. I went with the GT TB since its was so easy and cheap to get. I just need to get that adaptor from Bob and port my intakes a little. Crap this porting stuff is addictive, I'm porting are polishing all kinds of stuff.

Red_LX said:
I looked on bob's page today and didn't see the adapter plate on there...

Also, I saw a couple SHO TB's on ebay today. Neither one really looked like it'd fit right :shrug:

Its on the price list under accessories, just click on the part number and it will show you a pic of it.

I'm still not sure on the SHO's TBs :shrug: