Biggest slicks/rim combo?

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
I'm looking to get some slicks and 15" rims for the track, and want to know the biggest size I can run without rubbing. I was hoping for a 10.5" slick, but don't know if I can do that. I'd appreciate any info anyone has regarding a good rim width/backspacing, and slick size. Someone mentioned a 26" slick on a 9" rim with 5.5 BS would fit perfect, but I'd rather hear what you guys have to say. I don't much care for what it looks like, so long as it fits, doesn't rub, and hooks like a dirty mother.

• Sponsors (?)

Biggest you should go is a 15x10 w/ 6.5BS with a 26x10x15 MT ET Drag and to be quite honest that is overkill for your power level. For years I ran either a 15x8 or 15x10 with 26x8.5x15 and had no traction problem (it's also less rotational mass). However I was getting hand me down tires from a friend running a race class and 8-10 passes on a new tire and they were done for his power level (high 400RWHP) running high 10's. My car slowed down a few hundredths in the 60 and 1/4 when I switched to the 10 wide slicks. That was on my 2000 GT making 286RWHP.

Bill