Billet pedal cover install

• Sponsors (?)

i just installed mine sunday, trust me the gas pedal is the easiest one. Two bolts, and use a screwdriver to pop off the throttle cable. use a hammer and a screwdriver to punch out the pin holding the old pedal on. Then just hammer the pin back in with the new pedal. use some wd-40 on the pin when re-installing it. It will make it easier, and be careful to no break the pedal when you hammer it back in.

Dont worry, I broke my friggin gas pedal when I installed em....talk about a kick in the nuts...17 dollar pedal...Then my dad gets home and puts the pin in with a drill press by just putting a bolt in it and pushing down...needless to say that kinda pissed me off too. Im still riding around with the stock accel. pedal. Maybe one day Ill go get that new one. Dont get too frustrated, take the whole assembly out, and NO it isnt as easy as people make it out to be by just saying "its only pedals". Good Luck

getting gas pedal pin out was a pain. To get the pin back in I took a drill and made he hole SLIGHLY larger. It pressed in without issue and has not given me any more grief. I sprayed the clutch and brake pedals with silicon spray and they slide on with a little grunting. They look cool, but don't make the car any faster.. :)

DAVECOOK1751 said:
I haven't made it past the clutch/brake pedals. I took my frustration out on the dead pedal. :bang:
Soak them in hot soapy water for about 5 minutes, then they will slip right on. I used the hottest tap water i could draw with just a little soap in itand it worked like a charm. It softens up the rubber so they will slip right on.