Bilstein Pro Lowering Kit

TylerD24

Feb 1, 2021
Massachusetts
Hey everybody I bought a Bilstein pro lowering kit from Steeda. I haven't received it yet due to a warehouse error so it is on back order. I just wanted to know if in the mean time should I invest in a set of Caster Camber plates. Would the kit work with the stock caster camber plates and if not what would be the ones to buy to best compliment this kit. Part number for the kit is 395 46 234391.

• Sponsors (?)

I would not be waiting on those parts on back order.
Run the bilsteins, they are fine.
But call Maximum motorsports and run H&R springs. I assure you, they will ride notably better.
As for the plates, a small drop is close, but the reality is that do you really want to go get an alignment, have them attempt it and have to go home, order plates, pull the shocks out again and go back?

Reactions: 1 users
Pay for the alignment once.

The C/C plates are only needed if they can't get the camber in spec. Only way to find out if this is the case is to lower the car, and have them attempt the alignment.

Aftermarket C/C plates will let you dial in a little more additional caster, which is a good thing on the foxbody.

Long story short, buy all the parts at once and install at once. Shocks/struts/springs/C/C plates and then find a shop that will align to YOUR specs. MM has some good street specs they provide with their C/C plates.

Disclaimer though. Most "regular" car shops only align to the specs in their computer and won't deviate. You are better off finding a performance shop that will align to the specs you give them if you intend on trying a little more caster.