black widows in western oregon?

• Sponsors (?)

fast99cobra said:
Had fun with black widows a couple years ago. Was doing some underground vault work out in Umatilla Or. The vault was full of black widows and stink bugs. So between rigging up cables for pulls id catch stink bugs and toss them to the black widows. was fun to watch them make thier kills. Black widow is a very efficient killer :D I fugured if i kept them busy and fed i wouldnt have to worry about them while i was in thier home working.
I used to work in the bomb dumps for the air force. some of the buildings would only be opened up once a month.

Lots of bugs.

hungrymonkey said:
still does not make me feel any better :D

I found another one of the little bastards hanging outside of my garage door today. I bug bombed the garage, but that little bugger was living up in the eves.
I scooped her into a platic jar with a screw driver. Now I feel like I have spider webs all over me. I bought some bug spray for direct application. But its all fruity and smells like air freshner. I hosed down a couple of normal spiders and they were still crawling around after five minutes. Which is unacceptable. I want some spray that instantly vaporizes any bug it contacts. Just for when the shiny black buggers come chomping at my eyeballs with thier venom dripping fangs and murder in thier eyes.

I need to find some sort of ultimate weapon against the eight legged closet pirates. Like some sort of pissed off snake, or a very irratated lizard. Possibly some nanobots (equiped with ninja like skills and cans of raid).

Right now I will have to make do with my sissy bug spray and my outwardly bad attitude (I am actually a nice guy on the inside). I might have to seal off the house with duct tape and roofing caulk. But to do that I would have to go into the black widow infested garage and sort through a few boxes to find it. So I think my best bet would be to just burn the house down and hope that It torches all the little bastards.

It's called "Tri-Die: Pressurized Silica + Pyrethrin Dust". Just google it, only place I've found that sells it is online. It leaves a white residue where you spray it, but it sticks to anything that touches/crawls/lands on it. Works like a charm.

I sprayed it on my window sill and a spider crawled across it and started having a nervous breakdown. Seriously, only like 2 of its 8 legs were working and could barely stay on the wall. I found it quite amusing before I took precautionary measures and smashed it with my shoe.

:nice: