2 pics at a time....

Attachments

• mmfp_0808_03_z+stormin_norman_gray+front_view.jpg
    mmfp_0808_03_z+stormin_norman_gray+front_view.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 123
  • mmfp_0808_04_z+joe_dasilva+front_view.jpg
    mmfp_0808_04_z+joe_dasilva+front_view.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 162
Ken Boomsma's LX Law was for sale about two miles down the road from me about a year ago. I went and talked to the guy that had it at the time, it was very interesting. It still races today, and is very much the same as it was when Boomsma had it, the guy said that he had only replaced the engine, it runs a 347 now.

It was running 8's the last time I saw it at the track.

http://image.musclemustangfastfords...mfp_0808_06_z+ken_papa_boomsma+front_view.jpg

To Gearbanger 101

About Joe DaSilva his son is racing now. I haven't talked to joe in a while but I've known him since he started his shop in 1989. I remember his son about 3 or 4 running all over the place. Funny thing, before I met him I was at the track in my 79 I converted to 5.0 from 4cyl. I was running 15.4 @ 87. I came up against him just by chance in his first 86 and he smoked me. He was only running low 12's at the time....Which was unheard of back then

To Gearbanger 101

I noticed you have a cougar, cool. Joes brother Paul had one just like yours. They used to duke it out at the track. Cougar used to run 10.80's @ 128. Had another friend with a supercoupe that was cool too.

Yeah...mine doesn't run anywhere near that fast. I had those kinds of plans for it when I first put it together....but somewhere along the line, plans changed and I just ended up building a stout daily driver instead of a street terror. Its good for high-12's/low-13's....but its still plenty fast enough to put a hurting on most cars running the street. Especially when they aren't expecting it. And hey...the air works, it still passes smog and regularily see's 25mpg. :nice:

Yeah...mine doesn't run anywhere near that fast. I had those kinds of plans for it when I first put it together....but somewhere along the line, plans changed and I just ended up building a stout daily driver instead of a street terror. Its good for high-12's/low-13's....but its still plenty fast enough to put a hurting on most cars running the street. Especially when they aren't expecting it. And hey...the air works, it still passes smog and regularily see's 25mpg. :nice:

your car only runs high 12's/low 13's with 410rwhp and 465rwtq? how much do those cars weigh?

To Gearbanger 101

That cougar probably weighs 3600 3700lbs so High 12's on the street is pretty good man. I like your car, it's different and thats cool. I've been trying to find pics of a 1982 2 door red ford fairmont that J & P Performance had years ago. I even emailed Joe through facebook asking him if he had any pics of it. No luck. It was mint shape awesome red paint and welds with skinny's up front. Not much of a sleeper, people figured ran high 12's or something like that.
From what I remember it had a 326 stroker, Ford J302 Aluminum heads. Remember those? GT-40 Intake, don't remember the cam but what I'll never forget was the Paxton Novi 2000 pushing 24lbs of boost. That car embarrassed alot of people in Toronto back then. What I never understood was why people would race him for money. You gotta figure whatever ford he's driving has 500hp.....