Bloody 5K over the sticker!

Cosworth

Jul 16, 2003
Canada
I live in vancouver canada and went to west coast Ford and they want 5K over the sticker. Are they serious? these guys must be stupid. i say wait it out a year and then buy it (maybe some incentives). Are ford dealers out to piss people off? by doing stuff like this it will ensure that i'll never buy from them.

Can i report this major over pricing to ford? i guess ford isnt going to do anything right?

there has t be some sort of law or rule against this sort of thing

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, lets make laws against supply and demand. Stupid sexy capitalism...

Ok, you are selling 5 of something, but there are 75 people who want to buy it. It is only worth 20 dollars, but people are willing to pay you 35 dollars for it... That should be illegal?? :shrug:

livyx95gt said:
Yeah, lets make laws against supply and demand. Stupid sexy capitalism...

Ok, you are selling 5 of something, but there are 75 people who want to buy it. It is only worth 20 dollars, but people are willing to pay you 35 dollars for it... That should be illegal?? :shrug:

Yea, what he said

thehemi said:
Just wait and let the prices come down.
You should not even pay MSRP for a GT.
Unless losing thousands of dollars for no
reason is worth it to be "one of the 1st"s.

I agree. Patience is the keyword. Check other dealers and if they're marking them up also, wait a few months for the excitement to die down and they'll be happy to discount them.

pay to play

Don't forget that extra $100 added to EVERY sticker price in Canada, yes folks the Canadian government just adds 100 bucks to every new car sold in Canada (printed right at the factory on every window sticker) Pays for that "FREE" healthcare.

Time to get out of Dodge (city) heh?? :flag:

cheaper but stripped

yes, 'identical' models are cheaper, but then you dig deeper and find:

-extra $100 'sticker' tax
-the model is stripped of some items (lower grade carpet, or other items not standard any more--wink wink, please don't notice)
-the HUGE sales tax from both the province and federal amounting to about 12% that is tacked on to the delivered price
-huge registration tax
-high taxes on the insurance
-no free tank of gas at new car delivery, etc etc etc
-go fill it up at 90 cents (C) a liter ($2.50 US gal)

I was in a Canadian Hertz Mustang (2003) Rental: Wow, what a surprise, compared to the same company renting me a Mustang in Vegas, the Canadian Mustang was two steps lower. The US Hertz Rental in Vegas had leather wrapped steering wheel, Mach Premium sound, nice mats, better outfitted trunk, just way better.

I know Canadians hate to hear this, I hear your pain everytime I take a trip up there when I tell you: Your standard of living is lower on average and getting worse. Why? You're tax happy

DON"T GET ME STARTED ON YOUR BACKWARD FEDERALLY OPERATED AIRPORT TERMINALS, WHAT A SORRY SITUATION.

lesson: there is no such thing as a free lunch, or a trip to the doctor in Canada's case

Remember, no country is perfect, so even Canada needs improvement.

Is the US perfect?, No, just better for car fans.

C Arndt
BSME PE
SAE ASTM :flag:

I'm just glad that I am not buying one right now. I am going to wait until the 2006 Cobra will come out and probably shoot for buying a Cobra in 2007 or in 2008. I still have my V6 Mustang and my Mustang GT and am hoping that I will have put many enjoyable and memorable miles on both of these cars before I have to fork out $35K for a brand new 2007/2008 Cobra Mustang. And I aint going to get raped (how I love to use this word) by Ford and pay $5,000 over MSRP because Ford wants me to. I will wait until they have extra cars laying around and then I will buy one at a big rebate.