Blower motor issues on 98 mustang v6 3.8L

Can someone tell me how to attach the replacement blower motor to my car. I have no heat, defrost or air. I have checked fuses and replaced the resistor and still nothing. I have the old part and the new part but I cannot figure out how to attach it back to the car. I have already replaced the fan on the blower motor. Had the old part checked to see if it was actually working and nada. So I got the new part and it only has two wires unlike the old part. I have called around asking how to do it and I am treated like an idiot because one I am unfamiliar with this and two because I am a female. I love working on cars with my dad and husband but I am tired of the ignorance around here. I just need to know if I attach it to the resistor or what. I am uploading pictures to show the difference. The first picture is of the old part and it has the connector thing in the top while the second picture has just two wires and no connector thing on top. I have already added the fan on to the top of the new base in the second one and now I am stumped as to what to do next. Can anyone help

Attachments

• 73ED2D08-0550-4016-A090-EE437BFC27F1.jpeg
    73ED2D08-0550-4016-A090-EE437BFC27F1.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 111
  • A963DAD5-69C8-4072-9AE1-58A845E152FF.jpeg
    A963DAD5-69C8-4072-9AE1-58A845E152FF.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

From the Ford service manual:

>>
Blower Motor Thermal Limiter

The thermal limiter, used in the , performs the following functions:

• It serves as a temperature protecting fuse.
  • It is located a predetermined distance away from the resistor coils and in series with the coil circuit.
  • It will open the resistor coil circuit when temperature of the thermal limiter reaches 121°C (250°F), interrupting blower motor operation in all speeds except HI.
  • The spring contacts separate when the wax softens, opening a circuit in the .
  • If the thermal limiter opens the must be replaced.
<<

So think of it the same as a FUSE and wire it in series with the motor power leads. While it will work either way, I would wire it in series with the positive supply.