Body Kit Fitment later fox body convertibles?

Good evening all. I have a '92 GT Convertible that is a Saleen clone. The aftermarket Saleen body kit on it fits terribly. The rear bumper pieces fit a little too far into the rear wheel wells. From what I've found and been told, the later cars have slightly wider wheel arches which explains why the bumper appears a little too long.

I jumped on LMR to look at some other kits and I see that for the coupes & convertibles, the Cervini kits they sell are for cars up to 1990. (which makes sense of the later cars do infact have bigger wheel well openings)

I'd like to get either another (better quality) Saleen kit or even a Cobra body kit for my '92 convertible. What do you guys recommend that you've had personal experience with? Any pictures would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Correct, the only body change was to the front fender area, specifically ahead of the front wheels. Was made a little shorter in 1991 to account for the 16" wheels.

All the bodywork from the 5.0 emblem back was the same on all 87-93's.

Like mentioned from the 5.0L emblem back nothing was changed, only the front area of the fenders

I would try to figure out how the ground effects are long enough to be overlapping into the fender well area.. maybe shorten them up somehow

Attachments

• FenderDifference.jpg
    FenderDifference.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 462
Thanks for all the input everyone, much appreciated. I didn't realize it was just the front openings either. Attached is what I was referring to. I'm thinking maybe it's just a poor quality kit. I probably should've mentioned in the first post: I just bought the car a few weeks ago. I didn;t build it so I'm not sure what kit it is nor am I certain if they used LX bumpers. The kit it self seems flimsy, not great quality. But the only real spot where it seems like it doesn't fit right is where the rear bumper pieces wrap around to the back of the rear wheel wells. The drivers side (pictured) is certainly the worse of the two sides.

Attachments

• Rear Ground Effects 1.jpg
    Rear Ground Effects 1.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Rear Ground Effects 2.jpg
    Rear Ground Effects 2.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 255
I'm pretty sure you can buy the saleen kit new again.
My concern would be if they didn't install lx body panels first and they just cut the gt parts.

Last edited: