Bought My Son A Broke Gt.

Mysonsfirstgt

Sep 28, 2016
First starters I want to say thank you in advance for any help because I am in a bind. My son turns 16 soon, so I went ahead and got him the car that he's going to be driving everyday to learn how to drive in soihe could be driving it now getting used to it. I didn't want him going from an Explorer or something like that to a Mustang GT. Long story short I found a 02 GT that was in Immaculate shape inside and out. Already had rims, stereo everything for next to nothing. The guy was up front said the fuel pump didn't work and then the dash lights are out. Figure worst case scenario new fuel pump or driver module. I'm a welder not a mechanic so that's what I get for assuming. I have power through my inertia switch so I know my fuse, relay and switch is good. So I replace the driver module, still no power to pump. Is it a bad wire in between? The trouble code was fuel pump out of range. What does that mean? Lost and have already spent more than I should've on this with all the mods I bought for it. So the Ford dealership is last resort.

• Sponsors (?)

First starters I want to say thank you in advance for any help because I am in a bind. My son turns 16 soon, so I went ahead and got him the car that he's going to be driving everyday to learn how to drive in soihe could be driving it now getting used to it. I didn't want him going from an Explorer or something like that to a Mustang GT. Long story short I found a 02 GT that was in Immaculate shape inside and out. Already had rims, stereo everything for next to nothing. The guy was up front said the fuel pump didn't work and then the dash lights are out. Figure worst case scenario new fuel pump or driver module. I'm a welder not a mechanic so that's what I get for assuming. I have power through my inertia switch so I know my fuse, relay and switch is good. So I replace the driver module, still no power to pump. Is it a bad wire in between? The trouble code was fuel pump out of range. What does that mean? Lost and have already spent more than I should've on this with all the mods I bought for it. So the Ford dealership is last resort.
Just an update. Pulled the pump and put power directly to it. It came on. I'm loosing my ground somewhere. The FPDM is supposed to do this but I'm on my second one. How do I tell if if it's the ECM not telling it to ground the pump or the FPDM I got is faulty.

I agree, I've thrown way to many parts at it already. I forgot how much these things suck the money out your pocket. Tires alone where $800, and I bet you they'll be bald in less than 2 months. Another $500 in mufflers, OR H-pipe and MIL Eliminators. $200 cold air kit. But my son who I only get every other weekend thinks I'm dad of the century for a change, the ex"Satan" was wanting to get him a Chevy Cruise or whatever. Naw, not my kid. She might as well got him a chastity belt, a couple dresses and some walking shoes. Maybe you f to Cause he's never getting laid in it. And it's a Chevy. Gonna break down and leave him he stranded. Lol

I've checked and double checked every ground I could find. Replaced the CRCC yesterday. Still no pump, I'm going to get a computer and thatdoesnt work about 400lbs of tanerite. Break out the Ar-15s and have 1 hellaciously expensive day on the range.