Fox Brake booster keeps failing.

• Sponsors (?)

Boosters are typically constructed with a return spring that returns the brake pedal to the original position. Vacuum just reduced the effort that it takes to overcome the spring pressure. So once the vacuum is removed and there is no pressure on the brake pedal rod then the booster diaphragm should return to the orignal position.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I thought that too but it must be the booster since the MC can be unbolted and my brake pedal still won't return.

Binding in the pedal/ pedal assembly?

With the pedal bound, can you unclip the booster rod from the pedal and see what is free? Pedal or booster?

I'm suspicious that you've gotten multiple boosters in a row with the same issue. Needs to be something that has remained with the car after changing all the parts that you have.

Reactions: 1 users
Binding in the pedal/ pedal assembly?

With the pedal bound, can you unclip the booster rod from the pedal and see what is free? Pedal or booster?

I'm suspicious that you've gotten multiple boosters in a row with the same issue. Needs to be something that has remained with the car after changing all the parts that you have.
Good thought here.... The bushings in the pedal assembly could be worn out...

Both new Cardones. They have lifetime warranty but its far too late to get a refund. I might try spraying some lubricant into the pedal side of the booster. Any ideas what type I should use? I know some oils are bad for seals.

Hello! Any updates on this? Having the exact same issue under same circumstances. Once MC is unhooked, the brake pedal is still stuck down an inch or so… On my second (reman) Cardone 5.0 booster from RockAuto. Pedal is free and not binding