Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

Take a micrometer and measure the valves. If they are 1.60 and 2.02 ported then I'd leave them on a turbo engine. Less likely to blow head gaskets... will have to watch cylinder temps. Iron doesn't dissipate heat as fast. The engine I had ran pretty good with them...I believe they would be, " what they call ", chevy valves. Lol

That was the first engine I ran 1.6 rockers on the intake and 1.7s on the exhaust. Ford always restricted the head exhaust flow. That was old school tricks. Gave more lift to the cam. The article is online with the comparisons. Not a whole lot of gain... maybe more with nitrous or boost.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running a Ram stage 2 myself and it handles the power just fine. Though I do have an Astro A5 so I'm not as worried about the transmission as I would be with a stock T5. Traction is my issue at the moment lol

I've got a 4 cylinder t5 in mine. It lived behind my last car ( no where near as much power ). I've got a z spec trans that I want to transfer into a g force case. That'll come at a later date.

A5564C3D-D727-471C-A9DA-80BDB0E7F284.png
This is what is in it now. Sucks it’s like brand new but oh well.

i love my garage..... its a 40x50 insulated and drywalled. i heat my house and shop with a hardy wood stove. it has AC too but the wife doesnt like it to much when i run that. has a over hang that i can fit a car under and i use the top for storage. has a bathroom as well. if i dont have to many projects going on i have been known to have some partys there.

Reactions: 3 users
What did you order with it?? I know most who decide to go with a turbo and a MS tune speed density and ditch the MAF. However, in my latest version of my build i decided to go with a MAF and do not regret it at all. with the MS it was a breeze to tune.

Reactions: 1 user
i didnt go with the MAF due to everyone on here saying they didnt use it, ive been watching some videos and stuff of other guys with the MS and turbos and none of them used it either plus i figured if i ditched it i would be able to afford the tuner sooner. i am looking at a set of MSD EV1 style 50lb injecors from a buddy for 150 dollars so i can save some money there. ive heard people are suing 47-42lb injectors. i figured their in the ball park. i did get their boost gauge and wideband. i thought the boost gauge was a little high but i wanted my gauges to match.

im hoping some of the masters will help push me along with my tuning when it comes to that day but it will be a while i really want to do a good job on this install and make everything under the hood clean. ive been watching Donny B and justinlx91 on youtube.

That's awesome man! You have fun times ahead getting everything installed :nice:

Donny B did a great job documenting the install process and I definitely studied those vids before I tackled my install which helped a lot. Too bad you already bought the boost gauge because I never used the one I bought from them after deciding on the PiMPxs and digital gauge Stinger sells.

So what's on the agenda for under hood cleanup? I wire tucked and repainted the engine bay when I had everything out and while it did take a lot of time, I'm really happy with the end result.

i want to do a semi wire tuck and weld alot of the holes shut and re paint it. i think this car will be one i keep. i have had alot of cars and have always said i was going to keep one but i think me and the wife are going to have a baby soon (not pregnant yet but keeps asking for one) so i wont be bale to keep switching cars. and i have always had foxes. so this one will be on i keep.

Reactions: 1 user