Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

The drivers side wore thick is really easy to do... just fyi. The passenger side is even easier. The wires that run across the firewall are a pita. Ive seen some people run it inside the car with a grommet in the trans tunnel and the rest of the wires coming out behind the driver's fender. I'm not going to do all that.

I'll be watching to see how you get this car together. Once you drive it you'll be hooked for life.

• Sponsors (?)

Megasquirt guys. Will this affect my tuning/ignition??? Do I need to get rid of this
63E80D1C-A8A8-4E6A-9696-E238E67702EA.jpeg

You wont need that, ford ignition is plenty hot as it is.
To Steve's point, don't bother buying an aftermarket distributor or coil either if you already have Ford ones.

Thinking "they must be better than the stock ones, right?" I bought an MSD billet distributor and Screamin Demon coil and ended up reverting back to stock because I was having issues with RPM hesitation when accelerating under WOT. Once I reverted back, the car pepped up considerably and my hesitation was gone.

That box could sell easily on CL or FB. I just got rid of my MSD 7al2 and 6al. I don't have any issues with spark. I also have an msd billet distributor and msd cap and rotor. I like the design of the cap but I have to use gm hei wire boots so I can utilize the hold down feature correctly. That stuff stays hidden under a stock distributor boot.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the engine bay power washed last night. gonna do some fab work on the fender aprons and fix the run on the drivers side shock tower. its a little worse than i thought but its fixable. just sucks the brake lines are in the way
FOX 1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
You can dimple the pan down a little. A pan gasket will help a little too

thats exactly what i did. i heated it a little bit to make it easier and hit it the a hammer a few ties the grinded a little of the corner of the oil pump down. fits. not to start on the upper end. i need to get some new alignment dowels from ford then i can put the heads on.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the heads on. Trying to get everything clean enough to paint. Using purple power and gasoline. Got some of the rust issues fixed in the strut towers and got some fender apron work done. Things are starting to come together. My microsquirt came in the mail too
2E851F30-0C4F-42A3-84BA-EBBBF741A0A4.jpeg
5FC97898-AE9F-41A0-9C28-41E8FDBA7B92.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users