Budget Project

• Sponsors (?)

at least he was cool and sold it back to you. I had a guy call me and ask if I would sell him a mustang back... I was not willing to do so.

hey i didnt know if you said you had the front seats yet or not ....i have a pair of leather front seats out of a 95 mustang that i had in my fox body for a while im lookin to get rid for them for 150.

went and picked up a parts car 89 gt... gonna use the headliner, windshield, dash, center console, and other little things so i should have my interior done by the middle of the week and ill have pictures :)

well there is a hold up now OF COURSE idk if i have to swap the wiring harness to do the dash swap but if i do its not gonne work cuz its all spliced up some one cut the wires to the connector that plugs into the coil :( this is so frustating just when i thought things were gonna go smoothly to finnish the interior sorry to rant

got the new speedo cable and 140 gear in! and the dash here is a pic. the dash was painted but i dont care i gave my mufflers for the whole parts car. still gotta get the wires behind the dash but thats no big deal i am tired of messing with it tonight. let me know what you guys think

25849c1.jpg

ab7e39.jpg

you traded some used mufflers for a whole parts car??? Man are you a used car salesman? Fantastic deal. I see you have landed some other killer deals too. it looks like you may get around that "double your budget" gremlin after all. It's looking nice.

Did you get all the kinks worked out on the dash harness? If not I have one that I converted I would let go for $20 to cover shipping and the trip to Montgomery or if you are in Alabama, come by and I will see what I can load you up with to help out.

If you haven't run into this yet, you will need a new sender in the tank to match the new style gauges. I used 2 hose clamps to mount mine and bent the float to look the way the old one was.

you traded some used mufflers for a whole parts car??? Man are you a used car salesman? Fantastic deal. I see you have landed some other killer deals too. it looks like you may get around that "double your budget" gremlin after all. It's looking nice.

Did you get all the kinks worked out on the dash harness? If not I have one that I converted I would let go for $20 to cover shipping and the trip to Montgomery or if you are in Alabama, come by and I will see what I can load you up with to help out.

If you haven't run into this yet, you will need a new sender in the tank to match the new style gauges. I used 2 hose clamps to mount mine and bent the float to look the way the old one was.

hey man i appreciate it im gonna order some aftermarket guages and have a guy at my work wire everything up he is good at that kind of stuff i do appreciate it though

No problem!

I was reading this thread for the first time and when I got to the part about you having to sell it, it made me sick. I have had a few of those deals and have some pics that make me sad every time I look at them of some rides I built that I had to get rid of. I am glad you got it back and are back it! Best wishes on the build!

agreed, take your time and it will look great! I can't wait to see some updated pics. I'm digging that blue more and more but the flat FTW! I would work the body and leave it flat for the maniacal look. :Evil Grin:

flat? didnt think about that that would look awesome well after my interior is done im pulling the motor cuz your work inspired me and gonna do the engine bay and clean the motor up a bit

I have always loved the flat black look. It is just now starting to catch on (a little). I bought high build Hot Rod flat black primer. I am going to use and ride while I do the body work, if I get use to it I'll leave it or if not, shoot some color and clear. That's why I loved your first post, looks mean. If you go with it permanent, you can use a flattening agent or a flat clear and it gets rid of that chalky looks and it is amazing.

Here is someones awesome ride from this Flat Black thread on Corral:

IMG_0220%20%28Small%29.jpg

Can't wait to see more updates on your ride!