Bullit Pedals installed and a scare today

parchisi

Apr 13, 2006
New Mexico
Driving down the interstate when all of a sudden my car won't maintain power and it starts slowing down, coughing and choking. I pull over to the side of the road next to an off ramp in a safe place and shut it down. Try to start it back up, and it starts, but runs extremely weak and won't rev. luckily my buddy was behind me so he was able to pick me up. All kinds of things that could have gone wrong were swirling through my head.

Luckily I just ran outa gas...WHEW! I didn't realize that because I guess my gas guage must read a little bit high as it was still slightly above the red E dash when it ran out. Needless to say, I was very relieved.

I also installed my new Bullitt pedals...I think I should have just sold my car and bought a Bullitt Mustang instead of trying to install the pedals myself. After an hour and a lot of screaming and swearing, I got them on, and I say they were worth every bit of consternation. :nice:

With all the excitement, I never got around to lowering my rear end to match the front...guess that'll wait.

• Sponsors (?)

I tried Saleen pedals for a while, but never liked them cause they had a bigger footprint than the stockers. The Bullitt pedals are perfect and after more than a year, they still look great.

Also spend more than an hour putting them on, but no problems at all.

I wear a size 13 and sometimes a 14 shoe, so there's not a lot of extra room down there between the gas and brake pedals. The Bullitt's fixed that problem big time.

lol they are a pain to install, for future reference anyone who may be reading this go to lowes and get a tool call the "side swiper II" makes them go on in minutes :) its a siding tool, with a red handle and has a little hook lip on the end of it.

I tried the hot water method....made the rubber more pliable but it cooled quickly....didn't really work for me. I just used a lot of brute force, ignorance, and a little screwdriver to pry with. Its a heck of a lot better now, the stock rubber pedals were literally falling off.

I tried Saleen pedals for a while, but never liked them cause they had a bigger footprint than the stockers. The Bullitt pedals are perfect and after more than a year, they still look great.

Also spend more than an hour putting them on, but no problems at all.

I wear a size 13 and sometimes a 14 shoe, so there's not a lot of extra room down there between the gas and brake pedals. The Bullitt's fixed that problem big time.

I wear a 15 so That gives me an excuse to buy them someday now thank you (was going to anyway cause my stockers are ****)

take a heat-gun or hairdryer to the bullitt pedals to really soften up the rubber for a while, just long enought to get them over the pedals. after an hour of cursing and hurting hands, it only took me 5 minutes to install them when heated up and pliable.

I also installed my new Bullitt pedals...I think I should have just sold my car and bought a Bullitt Mustang instead of trying to install the pedals myself. After an hour and a lot of screaming and swearing, I got them on, and I say they were worth every bit of consternation. :nice:

Hey thanks for the new word!!!!!!!

hahah that same exact thing happened to me, I was driving home from the dragstrip (the first time i ever raced) and my car starting choking stumbling all over itself until it just shut off on teh side of the highway...i was like "dude I told you it was stupid idea to race it!! I new somethign was gonna get F***ed up!!!!......Oh wait its out of gas"