Buying A Rear, What to look for??

• Sponsors (?)

unless the person you are buying the rear end from has replaced the gears with 373's there should be a tag on the differential cover which has the gear ratio stamped on it 373, 355, and so fourth. if he told you what year it came out of i can tell you what it had. year, model, coupe or hatch. engine size.

usually the gears are stamped, but if its still all-togeather, then you can spin an axle around once and the driveshaft part will spin 3.73 times i believe.

thanks, im pretty sure thats what it is

and im pretty sure he had this gear installed, ill call him later and find out. there was another rear i was looking at out of a 92 lx that came with a 355 factory gear

find out if the car was running until the day they pulled the rear end out, the guy i bought ym car from used a car dolly to get the car home, since the rear end was low on fluid, the front bearing dried up and went bad, so i had to replace that, also check the limited slip clutches, put a wheel/tire on each side, hace one guy hold one tire, and you try to spin the other, it should take some force to slip, i believe it was about 65ft. lbs

~Mark~