C4 Swap

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so the lines are clamped down. Both headers are in. Just need to get the motor square into the k member. It's being a whore... and I will make it bitch

ok so i got some catching up to do

motor is in square now
headers are in
converter is bolted up
steering column is back in :)leghump: working under the dash!)
nitrous panel is rewired to get rid of everything 5 speed related
strange struts are in
new rotors are on the way (cracked one putting 3 inch studs in)... remember the saying measure twice cut once?yea this applies to pressing in studs also. the power slot rotors i had have a .565 bore for the studs. the moroso 3" studs have a .615 shoulder for the press. and it didnt work out well.

ordering tires next week just need to finish the wire up on the trans brake and nitrous stuff

Reactions: 1 user
What was the deal with the headers not fitting to good, I'm guessing you found some sort of solution?
So you'll have this thing ready to rock and roll by the time it's 100 degrees out side;)

What was the deal with the headers not fitting to good, I'm guessing you found some sort of solution?
So you'll have this thing ready to rock and roll by the time it's 100 degrees out side;)
lifted the motor up to get it under the bell housing then when the motor wouldnt go square i put a jack under the oil pan rail to jack up passanger side of motor and put a strap around CC plate and motor mount and lowered it back down and it twisted everything enough to get everything square

oh it was... a lot of laying down then getting up... then laying down and getting back up.

in other news the rotors will be here tomorrow

I know you have heard all the horror stories about using those VW tires on a mustang, but it really did happen to a friend of mine. The tire blew out going down the interstate.

Joe

ok so i knocked the studs out of the new rotors... STILL not the right size hole in the rotors for a 3" FORD stud. SO prob going to be on hold for a few days till after i get up to my buddys shop to mount the tires and use his mill to drill the holes out for the studs.

so this week i will keep going with the wire up for the nitrous and mounting the shifter. think im going to make something like the holcomb mount

yea we used one like it when we built the 03 cobra's back in the day. im just not paying that kinda money for it when i can make it lol.... that and my budget is empty. actually had to use money out of the bank lately lol