California smog legals

MySlowPoney:(

Sep 30, 2006
SoCal
Anyone know of any h or x pipes that r smog legal in california that will easily hook up to my Flowmaster Amer. Thund. cat back exhaust sys.? I have a 02 GT auto and want the performance and sound but without the hassels of failing smog tests...eveything else on my stang is stock except for my k&n Intake and Diablo Flashtuner (That i have yet to use...just got it)..:D

• Sponsors (?)

Nope, in ca you have to have the stock cats and emissions system to pass with an obd2 vehicle, which is anything after 1996. So just get off road, or catted if you don't want it as loud, and keep the stock h-pipe and swap it for smog. But be careful, a ticket for not having cats in ca is like $1000 or so. You can change the catback, but not the midpipe.

bullitt_2620 said:
Nope, in ca you have to have the stock cats and emissions system to pass with an obd2 vehicle, which is anything after 1996. So just get off road, or catted if you don't want it as loud, and keep the stock h-pipe and swap it for smog. But be careful, a ticket for not having cats in ca is like $1000 or so. You can change the catback, but not the midpipe.
+1, tis what i do. You cant moddify you cats at all in CA whether it be replacing them w/ high flows or getting off road.