Cam Selection

GT40Pony

Member
Apr 13, 2014
36
4
19
Hey guys. I am thinking of getting the FR B303 cam but I have a few questions. I will be running GT40P heads with beehive springs, milled .020 , Tubular GT40 intake man, 5Speed, and 3:55.1 rear gears. Is this a cam that will work well with my set up or is there a better choice, this is my Daily driver so I cannot go to bonkers. Thanks!!
 
That's a nice little lumpy can for daily driver, with off road h or x and a 2 chamber it sounds amazing, with 480 lift it ain't too radical either, sounds better to me than the e303, I had both with a similar set up, obviously keep a 1.6 rocker, always check piston to valve regardless of what people tell u
 
IMO you are better off leaving the stock cam and putting on a set of 1.7 RR than a B cam. Better LSA, driveability. If you want to swap cams, go with either a TFS1 cam, N41 cam, or a Comp Cams . B cam is 25 year old technology.
 
Budget wise and drivability hell yea just do the 1.7's, get a good brand or you will be back under the valve cover, and yea it will be the drivers side cover u gotta pull if a rocker breaks, what's wrong with 25 year old tech? The gt40ps and the tubular been around since I was a youngin
 
You can call a cam company for a recommendation to match your parts, gears and car weight. Most places should have a good match on hand for a build like this. There is no extra cost if you pick the best match from their standard grinds, and you should be as happy in a mild build as if you had a custom grind done.
 
Thanks for all of the great advice. I think ill get 1.7rr and see how i like it and if I dont like it, Ill get a cam and new 1.6rr. Thanks a lot guys!! Ill keep you all updated on progress!!