Can anybody help me setup vacuum lines on the upper intake?

dderek

Feb 29, 2004
heres the picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/iamderek/e73b7ab6.jpg

ill just link it to save bandwidth for some of you..
anyways.

i swapped a gt40 for a trickflow street intake.
and.
some of them on the bottom of the gt40 were just capped off.. some werent. i cant remember.

i moved the vacuum tree to the trickflow. one thick tube. and two smaller ones.. im sure the one with the tube still on it with the blue tape. goes to the fuel pressure regulator... and the other small one... theres a tube that comes in on the passenger side. that plugs onto that..

and im pretty sure theres something on the vacuum tree, on the driver side. that goes to the larger part of the 3rd thing. i think it was labeled "S".. i forget. but im sure theres only one large tube to connect to it..

now the question is

there 2 empty spots on the opposite side that you cant see..
and that one next to the vacuum tree i screwed on..

now, what goes onto those 3?
i know the pcv valve hose goes onto one of them..
and that tube you see in the picture. that loops backwards.. goes onto one of the opposite end connectors. but i dont know what it looks back TO..

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
derek

• Sponsors (?)

well, the way mine have always been routed was:
*from the evap canister to one of the front vacuum ports.
*other front vacuum port plugged
*big, side of intake to the big driver side firewall vacuum line
*from passanger vacuum cluster, long thin black vacuum line to small port on back of intake manifold
*from passanger vacuum cluster to egr
*from passanger vacuum cluster to smog pump junk (two lines)
*from back of intake to fuel pressure regulator
*from back of intake to PCV valve

this is from memory, let me double check

there should be some gold colored fittings that come with the manifold and they go into those holes and then attach to vent hoses. (i think) if you install those, then mess around with the hoses for a while it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Ted87GT said:
there should be some gold colored fittings that come with the manifold and they go into those holes and then attach to vent hoses. (i think) if you install those, then mess around with the hoses for a while it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

yes.
theres 3 smaller ones ... you can see them in the corner of the picture.
and one bigger one.. for the PCV tube...

but
the problem is
they all fit in each hole. SO
i dont know which the pcv goes onto.

:shrug:

here i made a ghetto ass diagram, hope it works for you. there are other ways to rout as well.

Attachments

• Vacuum routing.jpg
    Vacuum routing.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 169