Can anyone post a timeslip with 05 ET's????

kirkyg

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2002
Beaumont, TX
I don't know about yall but i was really looking forward to some solid numbers. Now were seeings lots of 13.2' et's which i would like to believe but the posters say oh i've got a slip but it wont post blah blah and 50 people say i'll post it email it. Its ends up never getting posted. I WANT TO SEE SOME SLIPPED NUMBERS. Whenever i ran my 02 Gt the first time at the track i saved the slips and scanned it in on the same post...its only fair to those online who want to see what you ran.

kirkyg

• Sponsors (?)

Stang2k5 said:
13.6s are awesome for a Stock GT. Do you know if these were done with a Manual Transmission ?

Only the 13.94 car is showing to be a manual trans. If you click on the time (ET) , it will send you to a detail page. Scroll down and it may list the tranny on the lower right.

kirkyg said:
Whenever i ran my 02 Gt the first time at the track i saved the slips and scanned it in on the same post...its only fair to those online who want to see what you ran.

kirkyg

How do we know those time slips were for your 02 GT?

You could have ran another car and claimed it was your '02 GT.

Or you could have lied about which lane you were in.

Or you could have grabbed a timeslip that someone threw out.

Even if you had video tape that clearly showed your car, its license plate and it crossing the finish line with the score board, how do we know that the video wasn't video chopped and the whole thing was a fake?

But I do agree with you that if someone posts an incredible time and can't back it up with info, where, when, full segment times, etc. we should not belive their post.

Bryanstang appears to be 100% legitimate.

The 13.2s :bs: unitil backed up with more info.

351CJ said:
How do we know those time slips were for your 02 GT?

You could have ran another car and claimed it was your '02 GT.

Or you could have lied about which lane you were in.

Or you could have grabbed a timeslip that someone threw out.

Even if you had video tape that clearly showed your car, its license plate and it crossing the finish line with the score board, how do we know that the video wasn't video chopped and the whole thing was a fake?

But I do agree with you that if someone posts an incredible time and can't back it up with info, where, when, full segment times, etc. we should not belive their post.

Bryanstang appears to be 100% legitimate.

The 13.2s :bs: unitil backed up with more info.

Once about 4 or 5 time slips come in with simliar 60ft/1/4 mile/trap speeds combo'd we can consistantly tell whether someone is lying or not. Its not hard. You can easily tell if someone from an 99/04 GT is lying or not by how good the mph is 1/4 mile and 60 ft is.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Once about 4 or 5 time slips come in with simliar 60ft/1/4 mile/trap speeds combo'd we can consistantly tell whether someone is lying or not. Its not hard. You can easily tell if someone from an 99/04 GT is lying or not by how good the mph is 1/4 mile and 60 ft is.

kirkyg

Bryanstang has posted his time slip and there are a few track links up here that has data direct from the track and the december issue of car and driver magazine busted a 13.8 ... What more proof do you need that these Stangs are mid 13 second cars ??? :shrug:

Kirkyg don't be mad cause your modified GT doesn't go that fast. When ever mine gets here on Dec. 2 I will come and find you in beaumont, the rear of my car should be the only timeslip you need.
Trevor

Stang2k5 said:
Bryanstang has posted his time slip and there are a few track links up here that has data direct from the track and the december issue of car and driver magazine busted a 13.8 ... What more proof do you need that these Stangs are mid 13 second cars ??? :shrug:

And Bryanzstang's 05 GT is fully loaded... think about what it's capable of with a stereo delete, spoiler delete, bare trim, and an A/C delete (if you can get one).

Or just put it on a diet. I think he weighed in at 3750# with driver included.

jasonlee0704 said:
And Bryanzstang's 05 GT is fully loaded... think about what it's capable of with a stereo delete, spoiler delete, bare trim, and an A/C delete (if you can get one).

Or just put it on a diet. I think he weighed in at 3750# with driver included.

Im sure if you got it like that and removed the passenger seats, tore out the soundproofing, striped to car down to frame and just the drivers seat, you might see 12s.

Stang2k5 said:

lmao...there is just too much bs out there to believe everything you see. Just show time slips if you want claim something.

kirkyg

trevor05stang said:
Kirkyg don't be mad cause your modified GT doesn't go that fast. When ever mine gets here on Dec. 2 I will come and find you in beaumont, the rear of my car should be the only timeslip you need.
Trevor

Why in the world would i be mad? I wish the car would run 12.5's...I'm just saying if you want to claim something prove it dont just say oh take my word for it. Thats what ricers do. Oh my civic runs 13.5's with just a supercharger...blah blah.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Why in the world would i be mad? I wish the car would run 12.5's...I'm just saying if you want to claim something prove it dont just say oh take my word for it. Thats what ricers do. Oh my civic runs 13.5's with just a supercharger...blah blah.

kirkyg

lol no it doesnt

kirkyg said:

kirkyg

Even when people do post their time slips, you still don't believe them, then you start wanting a video feed of it. When so many people say the aproximate same time, then you need to give them the benifit of the doubt. If you want to see one run these times in real life, then come to Houston Raceway Park on December 17, and I'll let you see one. That goes for anyone else that doesn't believe this either.
Trevor