Can I beat my buddy?

• Sponsors (?)

I disagree, Havent raced a 00 GT but with a set of gears and a good launch I think you will take him.

Here are the specs on the 00
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2000/fo...l?tid=edmunds.u.standard.leftsidenav..6.Ford*

and here are the stock specs on the 5.0
http://www.edmunds.com/used/1990/fo...l?tid=edmunds.u.standard.leftsidenav..6.Ford*

POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO....Look at the numbers.

Run your car to about empty and put two gallons into it and that will lighten you up and pull out the spare and you will hand his ass to him. MYy 2 cents

ARed1995GT - If you would have done some research you would have found out that the 96 weight 200 lbs lighter... POWER TO WEIGHT.. even if there was as difference of 50lbs between the engines, the 96 would still be lighter..

Blown Fox -
What size tires are you running compared to the 00?

He's runnin' Chrome 03 Cobra wheels wrapped in 18x9 Kumho Supra Ecsta's. I'm running som Aluminum American Racing 14" wrapped in like a 225/14/60 I don't really care for um but they came with the car and the look decent. Eventually wanna switch up to some 17" Cobra R's

the stock 99 and up mustangs around hear all run like 8.9 for the 5 speed and 9.1 for the automatics. It took me alot of mods to be able to beat them in the 1/8. Even after that I never really pulled on them till I bought a set of heads.

If your buddy knows how to drive your going to see his taillights pretty quick...I had a 2000 Gt (mods in sig) and now I have a 93 LX (with much more mods) and it is still slower than the 2000 GT...a stock 5.0 vs. a stock 99+GT the 99+ will win in every category...off the line, topend, and handling...

Just look in my sig...the 2000 GT was still faster...your best bet is to make it a short run...but if the guy can launch his 00...then you will lose...I've owned both...I know...

Another friend of mine today showed up a 04 aniversary GT today 4 times at various speeds. I think his mods are light lx, tremac tko,306, e303,typhoon,70maf,24#,373s,all the free mods, nittos and a good tune

GIve it a shot, today was hillarious

Maybe if they were stock but you could do some simple stuff to a stock 5.0 that could better your chances in beating a 99....

Silencer, spare tires, fog light assembly and run the car on a couple gallons of gas.

Cant wait to hear the results about the race

Stalone93GT said:
Maybe if they were stock but you could do some simple stuff to a stock 5.0 that could better your chances in beating a 99....

Silencer, spare tires, fog light assembly and run the car on a couple gallons of gas.

Cant wait to hear the results about the race

Having owned both...I wouldn't even worry about any 5.0 stock or what you mentioned done to it...

Look at my sig...with all that on the 93...it still isn't as quick as my 2000 was...

I may be wrong but a 87+ 5.0 is 225hp compared to 260hp for the 99+ GT, torque is basically the same. With a catback, h-pipe, silencer out, timing bumped, and maybe 100lbs thrown out of the car the 5.0 should have a very good chance. An LX 5.0 should also be about 250lbs lighter than a 99+GT.

H2O said:
I may be wrong but a 87+ 5.0 is 225hp compared to 260hp for the 99+ GT, torque is basically the same. With a catback, h-pipe, silencer out, timing bumped, and maybe 100lbs thrown out of the car the 5.0 should have a very good chance. An LX 5.0 should also be about 250lbs lighter than a 99+GT.

My 2000 Gt weighed 50lbs more than my lx...but my 00 had HEAVY chrome 17x9 in. rims all around...

You have also got to make up for the gear ratio...the 99+ had 327's stock where as the 87-93 lx's...usually had the 273's...

5spd (87-93) vs. 5spd (99+)...the fox will dyno 185-190rwhp stock on average and a 99+ will dyno 230 rwhp stock on average...you got to make up for that and gear ratio...

Stock 5.0 will trap 95-96 on average...and 99+ will get 99-101...

Most 99+ GT's will run 14-14.2 with a good driver, it doesnt take much to get a 5spd 5.0 running the same times. Many people have run those times with nothing more than a gear swap....or less. If someone can't get a 5.0 running in the 14.1-14.3 range fairly easily I've gotta question their driving or the condition of the motor.