Can I beat my buddy?

I agree that stock for stock, a 99+ gt should beat any 5.0 in the 1/4. From stoplight to stoplight though, it's a different matter. The weight difference and torqe really come in to play. Even with the crappy 2.73 gearing my car had stock...I still managed 2.0x's on stock sized dunlap rubber.

5spd GT, as far as your mod list goes, you should be equal if not better than your 2000gt was.

• Sponsors (?)

I have had several foxes and 2 99+ cars. Hands down the new cars have more balls all around. It took a FRPP crate motor to have one of the foxes run like my 99. My 1/4 mile times arent that impressive BUT as we all know the street IS NOT the track. I can hold my own against LS1s for a while in my 99 where in the fox, there was no hope without serious mods. Bottom line with the mods listed the new model will embarrass you espescially with your AOD. Good luck and oh yeah:

Street racing is for pu$$ies :rlaugh:

cmb91LX said:
I have had several foxes and 2 99+ cars. Hands down the new cars have more balls all around. It took a FRPP crate motor to have one of the foxes run like my 99. My 1/4 mile times arent that impressive BUT as we all know the street IS NOT the track. I can hold my own against LS1s for a while in my 99 where in the fox, there was no hope without serious mods. Bottom line with the mods listed the new model will embarrass you espescially with your AOD. Good luck and oh yeah:

Street racing is for pu$$ies :rlaugh:

Thats curious, all it took me to runn 99+ times was an o/r h-pipe. In no way shape or form will it take a crate motor to run stock 99+ gt times.

Perhaps no-one noticed that he does have a shift kit and a stall? Those are the two biggest disadvantages of have an auto...which are now an advantage.

I'd venture to say he's more than capable of beating a 9.4 in the 1/8th...which is what his friend runs. Id also venture to say that with some decent tires, he's probably close to a high 13sec 1/4 (depending on shift kit, stall etc).

millhouse said:
Thats curious, all it took me to runn 99+ times was an o/r h-pipe. In no way shape or form will it take a crate motor to run stock 99+ gt times.

Perhaps no-one noticed that he does have a shift kit and a stall? Those are the two biggest disadvantages of have an auto...which are now an advantage.

I'd venture to say he's more than capable of beating a 9.4 in the 1/8th...which is what his friend runs. Id also venture to say that with some decent tires, he's probably close to a high 13sec 1/4 (depending on shift kit, stall etc).

I DID NOT notice the shift kit and stall. that makes takeoff a whole different ball game. It did not take a crate motor to put out the times my 99 did, it just took one to equal the feel of the overall power difference. Trust me, I had all of the boltons( gears, exhaust, short belt) before the crate motor BUT it still did not feel as "peppy" as the 99 did brand new bone stock. It felt torquey sure but not as quick. I love the foxes myself so I am not downing them. If you read the sig "under construction". I have big plans for that car, not 4.6s but LS1s and the like. No biggie

millhouse - yes but what was your mph...?...also yes the 5.0 ran a faster time by the 330' mark but guess who started the pull after words (2000 GT)...if he races to 60...sure he should win...but after that it is all 99+...I don't necessarily base quickness on the time...I base it on their ending mph also...

Don't always look at times...look at mph also...

I know on the street I never had a problem taking a stock geared 5.0 off the line...

If they both know how to drive...the fox will get him out of the hole...but the 99+ will reel him in and eventually pass him...thats just the way it should go...

cmb91LX said:
I DID NOT notice the shift kit and stall. that makes takeoff a whole different ball game. It did not take a crate motor to put out the times my 99 did, it just took one to equal the feel of the overall power difference. Trust me, I had all of the boltons( gears, exhaust, short belt) before the crate motor BUT it still did not feel as "peppy" as the 99 did brand new bone stock. It felt torquey sure but not as quick. I love the foxes myself so I am not downing them. If you read the sig "under construction". I have big plans for that car, not 4.6s but LS1s and the like. No biggie

I had a feeling you overlooked it :-D

And I misunderstood you I guess. The 99+ gt's do feel like they pull more than they do...perhaps more than the 5.0's, espeically up top.

IMHO is that the AOD car had to mod a lots more to beat a 5 speed Mustang,we just don't have the gearing to go head to head with a 5 speed car. I would get some heads and intake works done if funds allow and then step up to a power adder ,that should wake up the car .

K.

5spd GT said:
millhouse - yes but what was your mph...?...also yes the 5.0 ran a faster time by the 330' mark but guess who started the pull after words (2000 GT)...if he races to 60...sure he should win...but after that it is all 99+...I don't necessarily base quickness on the time...I base it on their ending mph also...

Don't always look at times...look at mph also...

I know on the street I never had a problem taking a stock geared 5.0 off the line...

If they both know how to drive...the fox will get him out of the hole...but the 99+ will reel him in and eventually pass him...thats just the way it should go...

I agree with you completely. I was trapping 98mph runnin those 13.9's with 2.0X 60's. A bit below newer gt's...but not a whole lot. Quite honestly though, when I do get into a "encounter" it's usually from stoplight to stoplight...in which I usually own any car that challenges me due to my super-human launching capabilities :D :banana: As soon as I've rubbed it in a bit, I shut it down well within safe speeds.

I have ran a few modded newer gt's on the freeway (gears, exhaust, cai)...and it was damn close. I have got to believe though that anything much over 120...and I would get :owned:.

millhouse said:
I agree with you completely. I was trapping 98mph runnin those 13.9's with 2.0X 60's. A bit below newer gt's...but not a whole lot. Quite honestly though, when I do get into a "encounter" it's usually from stoplight to stoplight...in which I usually own any car that challenges me due to my super-human launching capabilities :D :banana: As soon as I've rubbed it in a bit, I shut it down well within safe speeds.

I have ran a few modded newer gt's on the freeway (gears, exhaust, cai)...and it was damn close. I have got to believe though that anything much over 120...and I would get :owned:.

Well if you can hang with a 99+ Gt till 120...then you would hang the rest of the way most likely because that is right around where they shift into 5th gear...not like I tried it or anything :D

I was running 13.8's in my 00 Gt and one time hit 101...mph...

5spd GT said:
Well if you can hang with a 99+ Gt till 120...then you would hang the rest of the way most likely because that is right around where they shift into 5th gear...not like I tried it or anything :D

I was running 13.8's in my 00 Gt and one time hit 101...mph...

Yeah, I max out around 118 in 4th...and with 190k+ on the tranny now, she doesnt like to go into 5th at those speeds (not like I've tried it either :nice:).

I think trap speeds can be a bit decieving though. Typically, the lower your 60's, the lower your trap. I trapped 100mph with the 1.79 60'. I'm curious what I could have trapped running crappy 60's....but for some reason I cant run slower than high 1.8 60's :banana: