Can I make these shoes fit my baby?

RollTide

Dec 9, 2008
I've got a 2006 Gt but I've been really interested in these '03 cobra anniversary replica wheels

10th Anniversary Mustang Cobra Wheel Kits at LRS

Now I'm kind of a noob :stupid: when it comes to wheels and tires so i figured it would be a good idea to ask people much more knowledgeable than myself.

So ask yall; Is there anyway to make these work on my girl?
Ive seen pictures of the same wheel on an '06 but they are made for '01-'04s.
Ive been told the offset is to big, but I have no idea what that means.
All in all I haven't gotten a definitive no yet so I wanted to keep asking.

Any help for the new guy?

• Sponsors (?)

i dunno how the aftermarket ones would look. stock wheels off any 94-04 should fit flush with the fender.
so i would imagine the stock 10th anniversary rims would fit fine. those may stick out a little bit much. a kid i know put a 17x10.5 bullitt from a 94-04, and it stuck out like an inch. he doesn't know offset or backspacing though, so it may be a little different and this could fit fine.

flyboy86 carried over his new edge wheels to his S197 and although the rear wheels/tires stick out a little bit, they work and he loves them.

_MG_2445_4_3_tonemapped.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_2445_4_3_tonemapped.jpg
    _MG_2445_4_3_tonemapped.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 77
Oh yeah!! lovin those!

yeah I think they will fit too. If they scrub the shocks Ill just get some spacers (any idea on how to calculate size if I ever do need them?)

Im really excited now!!! I talked with one of my friends and he was pretty sure they would work too!

i don't think you'd have to worry about anyting on the inside. i'd be more concerned with the fender in tight turns and such, and going up driveways. cause its gunna stick out more then the correct wheels for these cars. but liike the picture kooldawg posted, it looks like it fits pretty damn good.

I would advise against using spacers! Many people, including tire shops will say the same thing! Sacrificing safety for the look isn't worth it! The '94-'04 wheel offset will make them stick out further, not in towards the shock, so you have no worries there.
My car is lowered 1.5" in the back and had a Nitto NT555 295/45-18(28.3" tall, 11.5" wide) on 10" wide wheel and never came close to making contact with anything.
I believe the rear tire on flyboy86's car are 285/40-18.