Car is a PAIN, but I'm glad I have it back out

HGFireHazard

Apr 10, 2005
Michigan
I graduated from Michigan State University last week with my BSW (Social Work) and finally after working a 16 hour a week internship, 17 credits, and midnight shifts on Friday and Saturday nights do I have the time and ability to get the car out.

When I arrived at my Dad's friend's place the car was out and ready for me to take. I got in and she just cranked and cranked. I noticed that I didn't have any fuel pressure, so I went and checked the relay and ground for the boost pump in the trunk. Still nothing. I checked the wiring for the gauge and the positive was loose, fixed that and had fuel pressure, but still didn't start.

With fuel, it must be spark. I checked the power connections for the ignition and noticed my positive was a bit corroded, but I didn't have any tools so I shook and bounced my battery a little bit a she started, yay!

I started her today to go grab some food and take a quick joy ride and she died a block from the house. I was able to coast into a parking spot of a restaurant. This time it really was no fuel pressure. After tinkering with grounds again I was finally able to get it home real quick, but she died in the garage. I also noticed that my vacuum was reading 0, but it's because the third rubber vacuum T under the hood decided to rot and tear.

BUT, despite all of this I can't wait to spend some time this week cleaning things up, running new wires, and getting her in dependable and top notch condition. Normally this stuff would frustrate me, but I have a new 2009 Focus SES Coupe that is as realible as any car can get and I am just happy to have it back. I'm ready to get back to wrenching :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

For sure, and thanks guys.

I went out and picked up the stuff I needed to at least re-wire the in-line fuel pump and fix some previous wire jobs that haven't held up. I still need to fix the exterior boot for the shifter/transmission, get a nut for one that rattled off at the header/h-pipe flange, and do my A/C delete.

Always something to do :rolleyes: