Car washing question for those in apartments

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
Anybody here live in an apartment complex that doesn't have a hookup to wash your car? I know some places around this area have one in a corner of the parking lot...but the one I'm currently living at doesn't allow for it (nor any kind of vehicle maintenance). What do you all do in this situation?

I suppose I could take it to one of those do-it-yourself places and feed quarters into the machine but I've used those in the past and they don't do the greatest job.

I just moved into this apartment back in January...was renting a room with some friends in a decent house prior to this, so I could do a good car wash in the drive way. Before that I was still living at home, so I could wash the car there too. I could probably even go to my mom and dad's house to wash it there still, but sometimes schedules aren't conducive to doing so (they only live about 15 minutes away). I'd like to be able to do it at any time.

I mention all this because I'm pretty meticulous about cleaning the car. I've been using Zaino products on the cars since 2002 and really like the results. Kinda wish they made a waterless cleaner.

I do live across from a Ford dealer...hmm...heh. I dunno, I'm not too crazy about having to pay for a car wash.

Any suggestions from others in this situation?

• Sponsors (?)

You can do a quarter wash with a bucket and your own mitt if you go early or late or during an "off time" and aren't holding-up other customers. Toss some quarters in to fill the bucket and do a rinse. Then wash by hand, the some more quarters for the spotless rinse, dry it and drive back to your apartment.