Car wont start, need help!

Str8Kr4zy

Jun 30, 2004
Oklahoma
I just changed the H pipe nothing crazy. When I was removing the passenger side, I hit the solenoid? that right next to it, sparks flew, thats when I disconnected the battery.

i had to roll the car up to close the garage last night with the battery disconnected.

I left the battery disconnected all night but it reads 12v with a meter.

When i put the key in, i get the ding ding ding, but the steering wheel wont turn, as if its locked. No radio or power to the cluster.

DAMN ME!! what to do or should I check.

I already did a quick look at the fuses in the power distribution box and under the driver side dash. Didnt see anything stick out.

Lifted the front end of the car back up to see if i could turn the wheels, no go.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

The post does not state the model year. If 1999-2004, check fuse F2.33, F2.17, and F2.35 in the Central Junction Box. One of the fuses is almost surely blown.

It it not always apparent which fuse is blow when doing a visual inspection. Pull the fuse and visually inspect from the side.

F2.33 is the most likely fuse blow so double check it.

Its a 2003

Yea, when I had the car up on the jacks , I could not turn the wheels or even move them side to side by hand, they were locked good.
I did re-seat a fuse on the passenger side that I missed earlier, initial took it out to ohm it, but it checked good.
After that I lowered the car again and let it sit for a little while I pondered the possibilities. Tried starting it again just for the hell of it and it started right up.

Now my power windows are un responsive...fun.

But thats the update thanks for the suggestions.

windows on CB F2.43

The power windows run thru circuit breaker F2.43 (20 amp) in the CJB. The CB should automatically reset once it cools. The power windows are the only thing on F2.43 so unless there is a cross circuit short/fault, this isn't likely to cause anything other than the power windows to not work.

SO.........recommened that the first test be done to see if the CB is passing current. Then it will be necessary to rule out the possibility there is still an active fault occuring. The CB resets, faults, and then opens. After cool down period, cycle repeats.

Recommend that you go back and perform a through inspection of the wiring harness. For sparks to fly this would indicate a large current flow with the possibility of welding/fusing wires together. Not to mention, that the wires are INSULTATED. So if able to get sparks, this implies that the insulation has been COMPROMISED. Compromised insulation will allow water to enter and corrosion is the inevitable result.

Note, there are a few circuit breakers in the BJB and CJB. Possible that the fault tripped one of the CB's which caused the no-start. After a cool down period, the CB will automatically reset.

Note to anyone else reading this post. Today's cars have several circuits that are on "hot at all times" power distribution. Don't count on the fact that the ignition swich is OFF to prevent electrical arcing and faults. This is why many repair procedures step #1 is "disconnect battery negative".