Cats, I need some feedback / reccomendations

• Sponsors (?)

Bringing this one back up.....anyone have an issue getting catted x pipes shipped - especially to NY? WTF?? Literally all sites like LMR, AM, Summit, Jegs, etc. will not ship to a NY address?

I didn't have any problem getting mine shipped to MI earlier this year. Other states must be changing their legislation and blocking parts like CA. I always find it funny since a lot of these parts are made in CA, and some cats are better than none at all!

Your best bet is going to be to find a smaller hot rod shop that carries the mid-pipe you want and see if they'll ship to you. The big guys that you mentioned could be following the letter of the law for each state, but smaller shops might be able to ship under the radar. You may pay more, but it could be the only way to get one now without shipping to a family member or friend out of state. I will IM you the place where I ordered mine from.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to install mine this summer. Work has been really crazy due to virus times, so it's on hold until next year.

Good evening everyone. I am also looking for new cats as the BBK catt X-Pipe I purchased is less than a year old and the cats are toast. It looks like everyone prefers Bassini? Do I have the right? I need to purchase this weekend and I don't want to make a mistake as I already have an appt. for them to be installed in two weeks. I have shorty headers and Magnaflow cat backs. Driven on street and track, slightly modified-98 Mustang GT. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We all live in the same air
Run cats on everything you own (please)!
Loose the mufflers if you want less restriction
I agree with MikeStang63 and advise aftermarket weld in cats that are cheap and easy
Get some big muthas one for each side and enjoy our air
Pretty soon lawnmowers will cost 3000 bucks and will have fuel injection and a cat

We all live in the same air
Run cats on everything you own (please)!

Pretty soon lawnmowers will cost 3000 bucks and will have fuel injection and a cat
Here are lawnmowers with cats. The last one might be a Wookie.
5A3D14DB-AE98-4A47-8588-239680BC7FAC.png
0857EFBF-D2E0-4A13-9405-4F0A8D3919F5.png
A020B7C9-5812-4668-BC22-4C51A4DE8117.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Good evening everyone. I am also looking for new cats as the BBK catt X-Pipe I purchased is less than a year old and the cats are toast. It looks like everyone prefers Bassini? Do I have the right? I need to purchase this weekend and I don't want to make a mistake as I already have an appt. for them to be installed in two weeks. I have shorty headers and Magnaflow cat backs. Driven on street and track, slightly modified-98 Mustang GT. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
If you purchased this new, i'd first be concerned as to why they are shot already.
There are other issues that can ruin catalytic converters.
And LMR states that a BBK catted pipe has a 1 year warranty.

Reactions: 1 user
Running rich is a good way to ruin a cat. The unburned fuel basically gunks up the honeycomb and clogs them up. This is why you really need to get cats nice and hot.
@Ole Lady Racing glad your cats did not need be to replaced.
@Mustang5L5 Are you trying to get me banned for derailing? All these cat joke set ups are too easy.
I will get my cats good and hot.
C690E8D3-C031-436C-8A73-0C94DA41A6E8.png
C0739261-485E-4A80-BA7B-AF96AF3AB758.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Still having problems. Have an appt. Still runing lean codes. Going to change the MAF out and see if that does anything first. Fingers crossed. Thanks for all the responses! Oh, they banged on the Cats with their fists and said they were good... seriously!