Centerforce Dual Friction

Warbird19

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
Washington, Federal Way
I have a 00 GT and it has a spec stage 1 clutch. The pedal feal is ****ty and nobody else can drive my car besides me. I have hear that the centerforce DF has a stock like pedal feal. If anybody else has one behind there 4.6 let me no what you think.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Had on in my 5.0, too. I beat the hell out of that thing and it kept right on gripping.

I remember it being pretty heavy and hard to press but last time I drove the car (it was stuck in iowa for several years while I lived in Va, it's since been sold) it was really really light compared to my '99 cobra. It was way out of adjustment, though, so maybe that was the deal.

I Have the scpec stage 1 clutch and it SUX! I would love to purchase the Centerforce clutch, as EVERYONE has nothing bad to say about it....BUT It IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE.....Imma go with a King Cobra Clutch (Anything will do as long as it is not a spec clutch sheesh!)

Warbird19 said:
I have a 00 GT and it has a spec stage 1 clutch. The pedal feal is ****ty and nobody else can drive my car besides me. I have hear that the centerforce DF has a stock like pedal feal. If anybody else has one behind there 4.6 let me no what you think.

Thanks

I hear that...SPEC = GARBAGE :notnice:

Took mine out and went back to stock for now. I'm
looking for something with a light pedal close to stock.
My car was so hard to drive with the SPEC 1. Plus their
crap TOB was sqeaking both with preload on it, and without.
AND my pedal would vibrate and make a tapping sound.

wytlytning said:
I hear that...SPEC = GARBAGE :notnice:

Took mine out and went back to stock for now. I'm
looking for something with a light pedal close to stock.
My car was so hard to drive with the SPEC 1. Plus their
crap TOB was sqeaking both with preload on it, and without.
AND my pedal would vibrate and make a tapping sound.

heh..i had da same problems you had my friend.

...heh..when i have my King Cobra clutch installed imma take the spec clutch and murder it...anyone have a sledge hammer?