change-up: ditching side skirts and rear bumper

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
PICS pg 2!! - change-up: ditching side skirts and rear bumper

for a stock rear bumper and svo side skirts from ABCEx (late christmas gift from the fiance :hail2: )..

it was time to get a new front bumper (one i have now is damaged/cracked--as some of you may remember from my late-night accident w/ a median while out of town for a show) and i've decided to change up the rest of the body and pay shipping once.

a side skirt is damaged any way, so is the rear, so the car will finally be clean again.

question is: you guys w/ the svo skirts--what exhaust tips are you using and where are you getting them from?

• Sponsors (?)

long time ago when i was going to do side exhaust on my stang i had the shop test fit 3.5 inch slash cut tip sideways so it mounts flush with the opening...didnt like the look, so i ditched that idea...i think most common is going to be the borla twin tip those go for like 50 or 60 each on ebay though :(

This is what the tips look like on the SVO kit.

waxd_004.jpg

FYI, if you were looking for the tips alone from Borla, they would be known as "dual round angle-cut phantom." (D R AC PH)

yup, going w/ the same front bumper.

i want to change wheels, but that won't happen for a while. i'm thinking either black-chrome fr500's (deep dish out back) or 03 cobras.. haven't given it much thought, really.

on a side note--tried looking on Borla's site for those tips and couldnt' find them.

yup, going w/ the same front bumper.

i want to change wheels, but that won't happen for a while. i'm thinking either black-chrome fr500's (deep dish out back) or 03 cobras.. haven't given it much thought, really.

on a side note--tried looking on Borla's site for those tips and couldnt' find them.
yeah, I'm not even sure if they still make those tips. They sold them for a short while when they were still making the 75625 kit, but I havent seen them in a long time, only the entire side exhaust kit.

*** EDIT ***

They are on this page... but cant find them on Borla's site

http://usautomotive.co.uk/Borla/Tips.htm

stuff got here today! i'd go out and get them on tonight, but it's raining/cold. looks like it's gonna be like that for the rest of the week, so probably gonna wait 'til this weekend to tear into it.

will post pics!

any of you gents w/ the svo skirts--mind posting up pics of the underside?

i know i'm gonna screw both ends to the fenders, and gonna rivet/screw them to the door sill (ABC's have a lip), but i'm not sure if i need to make brackets for the bottom of the skirts to the underside of the car.

if i do have to make brackets, what are you guys using for that?