changed oil, now exhaust sounds strange

Finn03

Feb 23, 2003
Sandusky, Ohio
i was gone for the weekend and needed to get my oil changed so i had my dad take it in, well when i got bak in my car today it runs fine, but the exhaust sounds different, its louder throught all rpms, and it sounds deeper, this might not be bad, but at certain rpms it resonates through the car, and sounds ****ty. I have shorties on it with an offroad h-pipe and flowmasters. any ideas on what could have happend, maybe theres just an exhaust leak now, i gotta chek that out soon

• Sponsors (?)

they might have accidently (<--spelling?) set the arms of the hoist under the h-pipe or something and lifted it on that creating an exhaust leak. i'd inspect you exhaust to see if there is any evidence of it being bent or something like that. i would also be very pissed off if that's what they did.

well i got to look at it today, (i drove bak to my apartment at 1130 last nite, and had to work at 7 so there was no chance to even glance at it< but in the dark i couldve noticed this) i was fully reassured why i had never let anyone else do even an oil change. THe whole rear pipe off the driver side muffler is detached, the welds were somehow broken loose, coulda been a little rust tehre, and the *******s put the lift there??? well anyways im extremely pissed and considering driving home 2 hours just to beat some as shole whos to ignorant to change ***in oil

Finn03 said:
well i got to look at it today, (i drove bak to my apartment at 1130 last nite, and had to work at 7 so there was no chance to even glance at it< but in the dark i couldve noticed this) i was fully reassured why i had never let anyone else do even an oil change. THe whole rear pipe off the driver side muffler is detached, the welds were somehow broken loose, coulda been a little rust tehre, and the *******s put the lift there??? well anyways im extremely pissed and considering driving home 2 hours just to beat some as shole whos to ignorant to change ***in oil
i dont like to let a person i dont know change my oil, they are always in a rush and do half ass jobs. My friends uncle had his oil changed at a jiffy lube and when he was almost home the bolt from the oil pan fell out, he could see a trail of oil all the way down his street. Luckily he was almost home cuz he coulda blew his engine.

i have never let anyone else change my oil, and havent let anyone work on my car that i dont fully trust, and usually i make sure im right there, its just im in an apartment out of town right now working my co-op for school, and since i dont have a garage or even a jack at my apartment and its been to dam cold to do it, i havent had a chance. Ive always changed my oil myseld b4 3000, and i was approching it fast so i figured one they couldnt screw anything up, but somehow they managed to get the dumbest muther***ers alive working on my car at that moment, and now i want to beat some as s cuz this suks

I'll chime in with my oil change horror story. My friend took her car (Toyota Camry) to Jiffy Lube and got her oil changed. About 2 minutes after she picked it up, her she noticed her oil pressure was non-existent and then the engine started smoking. Well she shut her car off and had us come inspect it. [size=+2]THEY FORGOT TO PUT ANY NEW OIL IN AFTER THEY DRAINED THE OLD STUFF!![/size] Needless to say they had a little chat with the manager and someone got fired, plus they ended up oaying for her damage, which wasn't as bad as it could have been since she shut her car off very quickly. Needless to say this only gave me furthere reason not to ever let anyone else change my oil. Just thought I'd share.

yeeh, ive never had a problem at home just jacking it up to change it, but at my apartment i dont have a damn thing cuz im only here shortly workin a co-op and then goin bak to school, so i just took a chance and it came bak to bite me in the ass