Charging question.. and People with Equal length headers come on in!!

When using equal length headers, did you have to buy a mini starter??? My starter went 3 weeks ago on me because it was heat soaked... i replaced it with a stock replacement one and starting yesterday, i started it when the engine was hot (190) and it cranked real slow, then sped up.... I have a feeling the same thing is gonna happen after time... Do i need to buy a mini starter??

Also, i have been going through alternators like maddd from pep boys.. they are absolute garbage.... This being my 4th one, it would stay persistant at 14.5 volts...... 2 weeks ago i put my battery in the trunk and im NOT TO SURE if thats the cause, but my alt now reads 13 at an idle when COOL, and driving around abit, it will drop the the line below half, 12 volts... Revving the car BARELY if any makes it go higher.... I didnt check right after i did thew battery swap to see if that was the cause, but it is pretty weak. the ground on the battery isnt thebest i dont think, its grounded in the spare tire well... If thats the problem, could i run a 2nd wire off the battery to the engine and see if the volts go right up?? would that work??? Im not sure whether thats my problem, orr its my classic monthly alternator swap from pep boys.... Usually when they went on me, they would go straight to 0 and ide be just running off the battery... This one, however, is giving a WEAK charge.... tell me whacha think??

• Sponsors (?)