Cheap street/strip drag springs for the rear

• Sponsors (?)

stock i suppose, i think the 4cyl springs will make it handle a little worse on those fast corners, i might be in the same boat as you, i can't find any stock ride height stiffer springs, all i've seen is lowered..if i lower my car the front end will scrape more often than i'd like(which is never)..but for drag/street where you dont do many high speed turns i dont see why you couldent run the 4cyl rears, if i understand right you want the car to look like it's launching whihc it's stopped, which means the rear of the car should slightly lower than the front for it to be ideal, if you want grip i'd start with new tires, you'd be amazed at what a quality tire can do(i just replaced mine, 80.00 a tire was worth it)

~Mark~

you can use stock springs with an airbag inside the coil and a urethane spacer in between some of your turns on your coil. It obviously prevents that section of the coil from compressing....that is if you want stiffer springs. BUt it dont get cheaper than stock! haha. Or get some air shocks, i dunno!

I use to have a set of the Eibach drag/launch springs in my 91 GT. They had an airbag that went in the passenger side spring in the rear to prevent wheel hop. I loved the springs. I never had an issue with wheel hop after these and the way the rear of the car would squat on launch just looked mean as hell.

Stock seem to work. I have Moroso rear drag springs, one is firmer than the other to help keep it straight on launch.

I have the Moroso's as well. I tried the air bag route in addition to the trick springs and it was a waste of money as far as correcting the body lean during a hard launch. The stock springs with an Anti roll bar seemed to cure all the bad launch issues at the track.

A real tight swaybar in the rear helps alot with the car twisting during a launch, but it will also make your car very tailhappy around the corners. You may want to consider an adjustable piece if you daily drive the car.

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/

Really, springs and shocks and such in the rear doesn't seem to be the issue as much as rear end setup.

A stiff rear swaybar will help keep the weight even on both tires, but keep in mind that there is a big difference between a swaybar and roll bar.

What I didn' like about the Moroso's is how high the car sat, I had to have the front jacked way up as well.