Check engine light on after a few days with o/r H pipe. Do I need mil eliminators?

wanta5.0

Founding Member
Jan 20, 2002
Was just driving home and the light came on. Will it hurt anything to have it on? Also why does it take 4-5 days for it to appear? I plan on going with the DS predator or the SCT in a month or so so I can't decide if I should blow the money on mil eliminators or not. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

lol you can get MIL eliminators or o2 sensors, your choice :) or just tune them out with DP or SCT

oh yeah and mine took about 6 days to pop up.. i guess the computer is finally like "OH **** THATS SOME HOT ASS AIR" or whatever lol

I've been running around with my SES light on for about a month now, hasn't seemed to hurt anything yet.. though whenever I stop the rpms will jump a little at idle.

That damn light likes to come on way to often :nonono: , Don't bother with MIL eliminators if your gonna have them turned off through the computer....It's fine to drive around like that.........My Light came on today for cleaning my damn K&N air filter!!!!!

i've had my o/r h pipe on now for a week, i went ahead and plugged in the mil elimnators and have had no problems, so i'd say go with the mil eliminator. Although they do seem to have a drastic range in price depending on the quality i suppose. Mine were just plug and play(snap right in) I remember seeing somewhere ones you had to actually splice..but its your money, but i'd get them.

If you think you can spare $10, I can tell you how to build your own MILs. I just did that last week and I have had no problems with my SES light. The one thing that the SES light effects is your gas mileage. When I first put my Pro-Chamber on two years ago, my mileage went down and after the LT/X pipe install it was still on and mileage sucked even worse. I bought the parts from Radio Shack, put them on and now I am averaging 26 mpg now, as opposed to about 17 before. For the amount that it will cost you to build them, it will save you more than that in gas until you get your tuner.

Y2K_MustangVert said:
If you think you can spare $10, I can tell you how to build your own MILs. I just did that last week and I have had no problems with my SES light. The one thing that the SES light effects is your gas mileage. When I first put my Pro-Chamber on two years ago, my mileage went down and after the LT/X pipe install it was still on and mileage sucked even worse. I bought the parts from Radio Shack, put them on and now I am averaging 26 mpg now, as opposed to about 17 before. For the amount that it will cost you to build them, it will save you more than that in gas until you get your tuner.
How do you make them? Thanks