Check out this AWD coupe build I stumbled across today

Your control arms pivot in one direction, and your cantilever pivot point is 90 degrees in relation. The cantilever pushrod will be pushing toward the engine (to a certain degree), but your cantilever pivot redirects it toward the front of the car.

So on the link you posted, their cantilever pivot point is angled to help the deflection.

Screenshot_2018-04-04-11-06-44-1.png

You very well may have done that too, but from what I could see, your pivot point ran straight along the line of the frame rail, so you would have binding pressure on your bolts/pivot point.

I should clarify, I am not trying to criticize. You are doing some crazy work. Just noting that I dont know how well it will work from the limited pics I can see.
Ok I know exactly what you're talking about. Yeah my bell crank isn't angled. I've got the pushrod connected through spherical joints with offset spacers. I find it hard to get a good pic to show the movement of the lca/pushrod/bellcrank. With my best judgement I dont think it'll be a problem, I'd say for the majority of its travel the bell crank is perpendicular to the axis of the pivot.

That being said, I'll thrash this a good bit off road when it runs. I'm not much of a street racer :p

• Sponsors (?)

You know, before you posted this response, I took a look at both links and noticed the cantilever was angled like that and thought to myself that there must be a reason why both designs incorporated that strange design attribute.

Even doing a little googling I find it a feature on other setups as well

https://vortechsuperchargers.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/topnotch10.jpg?w=900
Thats a JME enterprises SLA kit

My guess is that they have their pushrods connecting closer to the ball joint. You'll have much more lateral movement in such a configuration. I had to avoid CV joints so I mounted it where the shock once was.

Ok I know exactly what you're talking about. Yeah my bell crank isn't angled. I've got the pushrod connected through spherical joints with offset spacers. I find it hard to get a good pic to show the movement of the lca/pushrod/bellcrank. With my best judgement I dont think it'll be a problem, I'd say for the majority of its travel the bell crank is perpendicular to the axis of the pivot.

Im sure you have done your research man, and Im sorry if I came off like a know it all. Hopefully it works out well and we get to see you thrash on it now that youre posting here. Its a very cool idea.

Im sure you have done your research man, and Im sorry if I came off like a know it all. Hopefully it works out well and we get to see you thrash on it now that youre posting here. Its a very cool idea.
No offense taken!

I hope to have this running by the beginning of summer, I'll be sure to keep the updates coming.