Check out this Streetfire dummy

• Sponsors (?)

oh man, what a small world. thats my buddy in his 04 cobra! haha He (christian) ran a 12.7 with a cat back and cold air. I guess that night every race from a stop christian took the win but the SC300 would pull on the highway. The SC put over 400 to the wheels. never thought I'd see my friends up on stangnet.

Well, like I said, that's just me. I'd sooner have a Crown Vic than a Lexus or Caddy or whatever else, as far as luxury-class cars go, because I don't want $20k worth of car with $40k worth of worthless techno-junk added on top of it. Heated seats? Heated mirrors? GPS navigation? XM Satellite? OnStar? Super-duper traction-assist and automatic save-your-dumb-ass-from-spinning-out-because-you-can't-drive technology? No thanks. A Vic is basically stripped-down luxury - it's quiet, roomy, and rides nice, that's all I need - and a damn good platform for easy upgrades; I've seen everything from V10's to 281's to DOHC 4.6's to Terminator motors thrown under the hood, so just about anything fits, and it's got a stout old-school body-on-frame build that doesn't flex like a mofo (unlike most unibodies). The build-up on those is dirt cheap, and replacement parts for regular service is also cheap n' easy.

When you go whoopin' up a fancy import into some kind of racey thing, not only does it cost a friggin' ton of dough but you've got all of these persnickety techno-whatnot bugs to iron out to make it all go together right, and you wind up undoing half of those fancy features and whatnot to really make use of (or to make room for) some insanely-boosted motor crammed in there. And they just seem so flimsy, like a soda can packed with a lot of sound-insulating foam, with a pissed-off pit viper fighting with an equally pissed-off giant bumblebee fighting each other under the hood - I have never once heard an import (aside from perhaps something from Italy or Germany) that actually SOUNDED truly impressive.

Besides, sporty imports and import "luxo-sport" cars have always struck me as pretty-boy rides and chick cars, like owning one requires frosted hair tips and/or dressing like Paris Hilton/Justin Timberlake - rich kids using mommy n' daddy's money, or rich adults trying to impress young girls. But then, on the flip side, most Crown Vic owners tend to be either 65+ in age or carrying a badge and gun, so I guess it works both ways... :D

The only flimsy tin can with a lot of power, and no gadgets would have to be the fox platform Mustangs (being referred to in this post). You can get a ton of luxury, and keep it even with a lot of power, adding power doesnt mean removing the good things the car has. These cars also usually have great brakes, good suspensions and solid platforms to take the added power. It is expensive yes, but what isnt, and in the end if you want heated leather seats that go in 14 different directions, GPS navi, and all the toys (I personally LOVE the toys that new cars come with) then why not buy something luxurious and throw money at the performance.

I will also say, the G35 is in no way a chick car. Sure its stereotype is well dressed preppy looking kids with frosted hair, but then again look at other cars stereotypes (like mentioned with the crown vic). Mustangs dont have a flattering stereotype either!

Id rather have something more luxurious than a Crown vic... but then again if I could Id be rocking an M5 or E55! Probably the M5 because of the 6-speed!

I'd much rather have an E55 or E63, I've driven a black on black w/ chrome 20s 2007 E55 with the SC'ed v8, I think like 505 hp and similar TQ and a 2007 white on tan E63, either one is hot ****!! E63 has a NA 6.3 liter, 507HP, paddle shifted 7 speed. :nice: Sucker will haul!!!

I would love a real nice crown vic sport. Stock 18's nice black interior monotone black = sexy ass car, check this car out http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2206612 I personally love crown vics, cops will not mess with you haha. These "import" kids your talking about being stupid, they really arent, they arent even kids, they are all like 23-24 and they know what they have. There were other races on the hightway between the two and the SC destroyed christian in his cobra, but its pretty much bone stock so more props to christian IMO

Gather around, kids! It's time for an import lesson!

The SC300 had a 2JZ-GE stock :eek: It's not the same 2JZ as the Supra engine, which was the 2JZ-GTE. The naturally aspired engine of the SC wasn't built as well as the Supra's turbo engine, but lots of people still resort to adding boost to the N/A version, thus rendering it a "N/A-T". That's probably the reason why this car has a piddly T66. For a thousand or two more on a Supra, you're set up for an 88 mm turbo, you just need the supporting cast. The 2JZ-GTE has a reputation for being almost indestructible, with the stock short block being able to withstand over 1000 fwhp. The N/A version definitely has its limits, and I'm guessing it still has the N/A internals.
Anyone can make a Cobra hook. Mustangs are known for their aftermarket, and adding a solid axle with a damn good suspension is just a phone call away. Try doing that with an IRS luxury cruiser with no similar chassis to pirate a solid axle from, or off-the-shelf drag suspension.

Also, a Crown Vic over a Lexus? Are you guys stupid?
Wow, all that talk for nothing lol. I am plenty schooled on the 2jz ge motors as my friend was looking into having a N/A-T supra, he has a NA supra now(sig for pics and look under my friends his name is North27) However, your arguement is irrelevant, b/c it does say GTE! He might have a swap, its not uncommon...

Wow, all that talk for nothing lol. I am plenty schooled on the 2jz ge motors as my friend was looking into having a N/A-T supra, he has a NA supra now(sig for pics and look under my friends his name is North27) However, your arguement is irrelevant, b/c it does say GTE! He might have a swap, its not uncommon...

Too bad everyone else doesn't know a thing or two about anything other than Mustangs.

BTW, why do a whole swap when you can fortify one cheaper?

I will also say, the G35 is in no way a chick car. Sure its stereotype is well dressed preppy looking kids with frosted hair,

I work at a dealership, and the only people i see driving those are women. Im not bashing them out of what they look like, but thats all i physically see is women driving them.

Gather around, kids! It's time for an import lesson!

The SC300 had a 2JZ-GE stock :eek: It's not the same 2JZ as the Supra engine, which was the 2JZ-GTE. The naturally aspired engine of the SC wasn't built as well as the Supra's turbo engine, but lots of people still resort to adding boost to the N/A version, thus rendering it a "N/A-T". That's probably the reason why this car has a piddly T66. For a thousand or two more on a Supra, you're set up for an 88 mm turbo, you just need the supporting cast. The 2JZ-GTE has a reputation for being almost indestructible, with the stock short block being able to withstand over 1000 fwhp. The N/A version definitely has its limits, and I'm guessing it still has the N/A internals.
Anyone can make a Cobra hook. Mustangs are known for their aftermarket, and adding a solid axle with a damn good suspension is just a phone call away. Try doing that with an IRS luxury cruiser with no similar chassis to pirate a solid axle from, or off-the-shelf drag suspension.

Also, a Crown Vic over a Lexus? Are you guys stupid?

Some misconception there. The 2JZ motors arn't that cheap to beef up. It's known thier engines are good to about 800HP, kind of like the 5.0HO is good to about 450hp or so. I have heard about Supra's throwing down 1000HP and even more on the stock longblock, and I have also heard of the stock 5.0HO shortblock taking 600HP on the stock bottom end... but for how long? Not too many and not for very long.

Another misconception is the price. "a few thousand" I don't think so. I looked into these engines because you can get them cheap, engine, trans, with electronics for about $3000. You can do a few basic upgrades cheaply, but that's where your shopping at Costco ends, and Tiffany's begins.... after that it gets VERY expensive. Lets observe:

chart5.jpg

Not quite the bargain some people think. Lots of mony for a roll revenger and dyno queen. I looked a lot on Supra Formums, behind all thier cockyness, when they think nobody else can hear them, you hear the true story about it. Also, when you talk to Supra owners who don't have thier head crammed up thier ass. Crank walk soon after the 500RWHP mark is common, as well as other failures. Your safe to about 600HP, then it's time to make sure your tune is dialed in 100%. Then you do hit that power mark, nearly $13K for a stroker kit? Single turbo conversion running near $7K. A few thousand.... don't think so.

Another thing is that you give so much to get lots of HP, the powerband gets narrower and narrower as it climbs higher. The suspension becomes an issue and it is not simple like adding controll arms like on our cars. Another issue is permenantly modding such an expensive car.

It seems to me that the one's who talk about Supra's like they are speaking about God are usually the one's driving civics and corollas who get bitch slapped by Mustangs all the time and are wet dreaming about thier fantasy car.

With the prices, it is much cheaper to buy a Dart Block and big heads and custom turbo setup for you Mustang. You'll smoke that Supra for half the price. Ask Rick91 GT how. www.rnhperformance.net

Some misconception there. The 2JZ motors arn't that cheap to beef up. It's known thier engines are good to about 800HP, kind of like the 5.0HO is good to about 450hp or so. I have heard about Supra's throwing down 1000HP and even more on the stock longblock, and I have also heard of the stock 5.0HO shortblock taking 600HP on the stock bottom end... but for how long? Not too many and not for very long.

Another misconception is the price. "a few thousand" I don't think so. I looked into these engines because you can get them cheap, engine, trans, with electronics for about $3000. You can do a few basic upgrades cheaply, but that's where your shopping at Costco ends, and Tiffany's begins.... after that it gets VERY expensive. Lets observe:

Not quite the bargain some people think. Lots of mony for a roll revenger and dyno queen. I looked a lot on Supra Formums, behind all thier cockyness, when they think nobody else can hear them, you hear the true story about it. Also, when you talk to Supra owners who don't have thier head crammed up thier ass. Crank walk soon after the 500RWHP mark is common, as well as other failures. Your safe to about 600HP, then it's time to make sure your tune is dialed in 100%. Then you do hit that power mark, nearly $13K for a stroker kit? Single turbo conversion running near $7K. A few thousand.... don't think so.

Another thing is that you give so much to get lots of HP, the powerband gets narrower and narrower as it climbs higher. The suspension becomes an issue and it is not simple like adding controll arms like on our cars. Another issue is permenantly modding such an expensive car.

It seems to me that the one's who talk about Supra's like they are speaking about God are usually the one's driving civics and corollas who get bitch slapped by Mustangs all the time and are wet dreaming about thier fantasy car.

With the prices, it is much cheaper to buy a Dart Block and big heads and custom turbo setup for you Mustang. You'll smoke that Supra for half the price. Ask Rick91 GT how. www.rnhperformance.net

I'm impressed View attachment 413687
You've definitely done some homework on the subject. My project of having a non-troll infested Stangnet is actually making progress!

I'm very partial to highway monsters, BTW. The Supra is a gorgeous car that packs a big stick. No wonder the 98s go for more than MSRP these days.

True that, the prices are insane, my buddy bought his NA 94 for 11500 almost mint except for the gay seats, peeling tint and a leaky targa top, and in need of a tune up and brakes. He's now trying to sell it for 13500 with all the above fixed. It's a sweet car no doubt, and it'll pull in chicks like no other on a nice day with the top off or any day for that mattter!!

I remember one timewe were cruising the strip in front of the mall of GA, we are driving and these two fine ass chicks pull up next to us in a civic and were drooling all over it! They asked if it was his, he said no its my mom's, WTF LMAO.They proceeded to check it out in awe and then we smoked them(not a fast car by any means (NA and Auto) but damn is it fun!!!

13500 for a NA 94 auto supra............did he even put 2k into just that lil stuff? shoot with all the options a 94 NA auto supra with 80k(as example) only goes for 11875 in good condition on kbb and i know it cant be in excellent condition excellent is about like a 93 cobra R would be