Chin spoiler installed - Pics!!!

menasci

Aug 17, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well I just installed the chin spoiler on my brand new GT bumper.
The bumper is from Bumpers.com for $199.
The Mach1 Chin Spoiler is from HaneyMotorsport.com for $75.
The bumper is still off of the car so it made the chin spoiler install much easier.
I was fortunate to have my girlfriend help hold the chin spoiler in place while I made adjustments.
At first, there was at least 1/4 inch gap in the front, but with patience and a second pair of hands and eyes, we got it just right.
As you can see from the pictures I was able to install the chin spoiler perfectly flush with the wheelwells and have very little gap up front.
In fact, I think it is a perfect fit! :nice:
Here are some pics....
bumperchin.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Good job on the installation. Most people here on StangNet who have posted about the "correct" way to install a chin spoiler either leave it offset in front or at the wheel wells; in other words they didn't take the time to do correctly like you did.

joshheat25 said:
did you get it painted from bumpers.com and do they have the cobra bumper in yet!

The bumper came painted.
They are painted by Ford prior to bumpers.com receiving it.
In other words, it is a Stock Ford OEM paint job.
I don't know if they have Cobra bumpers in yet, give them a call.
btw, the chin spoiler will not fit as well on a Cobra bumper.

menasci said:
The bumper came painted.
They are painted by Ford prior to bumpers.com receiving it.
In other words, it is a Stock Ford OEM paint job.
I don't know if they have Cobra bumpers in yet, give them a call.
btw, the chin spoiler will not fit as well on a Cobra bumper.
How much was shipping for the bumper?

WOW, that does look good! I didnt take the time to line BOTH up, but mine is PERFECT in the front. There is no lip at all (beter aero drag? lol)..but the fender is about a half inch back. Fortunatly you dont even notice it, it looks good.

How long did it take?