clutch fork hits pressure plate

so i installed a new clutch kit and flywheel with ford oem pilot and throwout bearings and a new ford clutch fork with adjustable cable about 700 miles ago. i replaced everything because it was making a ticking noise and figured it was just worn bearings. turned out the the clutch for had spots on the pressure plate side that were grinded down from contacting the pressure plate on the other side of the pivot ball. when everything was installed it still did it. the only way to stop it is to keep the clutch cable tightened so that there is always pressure pulling the fork. anyone have any ideas of what this could be? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

so i installed a new clutch kit and flywheel with ford oem pilot and throwout bearings and a new ford clutch fork with adjustable cable about 700 miles ago. i replaced everything because it was making a ticking noise and figured it was just worn bearings. turned out the the clutch for had spots on the pressure plate side that were grinded down from contacting the pressure plate on the other side of the pivot ball. when everything was installed it still did it. the only way to stop it is to keep the clutch cable tightened so that there is always pressure pulling the fork. anyone have any ideas of what this could be? :shrug:

Wrong TOB, or bent fork, or something wrong on ball end that retains fork, or pressure plate not torqued down properly, etc...