Cobra & Mach 1

Would this Cobra be a good candidate for collector value down the road if able to purchase for $25K or less? I remember when you could buy a clean low mileage one for a lot less and now it seems like prices have doubled. Just wondering if prices will continue to rise through the years.

• Sponsors (?)

If it's all stock, yes, it should continue to rise I'd say... I don't think we are at peak prices especially with inflation and the move to EV's. I think older cars without the tech in them will go up in value and especially the collectible ones like a Cobra.

Who is to know?? During the gas shortage of 74, you could not give away a car with a V8... I sold the car in my pic for $700.. A12 Dodges now go for over 100K..... Get out your crystal ball
DSCF0175.JPG

Would this Cobra be a good candidate for collector value down the road if able to purchase for $25K or less? I remember when you could buy a clean low mileage one for a lot less and now it seems like prices have doubled. Just wondering if prices will continue to rise through the years.

Closer to stock, and clean. yes. I remember I had a chance to buy a 93 Cobra about 5 years ago for $15K and thought that was a lot of money. Kicking myself over it now.

Of course none of us have a crystal ball to see in the future.

If you are considering this car as an investment piece, than the closer to stock the better IMHO. I've seen a number of folks on the FB 93 cobra groups continue to "demodify" their cars and return them to stock seeking out OEM parts and such. I have to say if i purchased one myself, i would do the same.

But despite that, there is that one guy with a whippled Coyote in a nice clean red 93 Cobra :)

I've been around the block a few times and worked at a resto shop for first gen mustangs, buying, selling and repair/restoration. This is my observation:
To your question I'd say yes and no. Let me explain.
that is a good price, I'd buy it. But as far as it going up in value, yes, even if you add a few miles but it's a market that is in constant fluctuation, if you are looking to make a buck plan on sitting on it and waiting for the right buyer.

Well here's another thing to consider. You still need to store and insure the car. Gas, maintenance, oil, etc. Plus inflation.

Even if value is going up and up, do you really make money?

You might be better off taking that $25K and dumping it into an index fund for 10 years. Of course, the 93 cobra is way more fun and cooler.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
93 Cobras are a low enough production vs your average fox body with a 1 of 1 Marti report lol.. But I still wouldn't park $25k into one as an investment when I can get much better returns on my money. The last couple years where prices sky rocketed where mainly from the covid situation, hype and people dumping money on FOMO sales tactics. Fox bodies will all ways be a tin can car and there not hard to find at all. So unless its a unmolested bubble car with super low mileage that collectors will start a bidding warn on its a gamble.

Get more pics of the usual suspect areas as well. Frame rails, the floor under the driver's feet. The torque boxes and other problem areas on these cars. If there is any rust there, the value is going to drop.

Man, I think that is absolutely worth it! If you're not going to buy it, can I get the 411? I SHOULD NOT to do this at all, it would be kinda dumb, but I don't think I'd lose money on it.
It's not for sale, it was more of me trying to buy it and bugging them about it. However, I'm actually thinking of maybe purchasing it. Just waiting on a couple of things to see if I can make it happen.