Cobra R intake 87-93 fits on a 95 GT??

vladasap

Apr 26, 2006
nyc, ny
just as the title says... i got a really good deal on a Cobra R intake (upper and lower) but im not sure whether it'll fit
it seems to me like i need adapters but which adapters do i need to use and where can i get them for a reasonable price???
thank you
*ps-anyone actually have this set-up on a 94/95???

• Sponsors (?)

1. There is no such thing as a "Cobra R" intake. It is simply a "Cobra" intake.

2. It will bolt onto the engine, but you'll need some kind of elbow adapter. Many different companies make them for their own manifold, but they may work with the Cobra as well.

1. There is no such thing as a "Cobra R" intake. It is simply a "Cobra" intake.

2. It will bolt onto the engine, but you'll need some kind of elbow adapter. Many different companies make them for their own manifold, but they may work with the Cobra as well.
theres the 93 cobra R, but i think it just has the fox style cobra intake. im not 100% positive on this but i belive it has the EGR built into it and with the addition of the elbow to adapt to the 94/95 style the throttle cable becomes too short.

to fix that problem you can switch to a fox style TB setup. therea a walkthrough in one of the stickys.

the 95 cobra R intake is basically a 94/95 cobra intake with a 351 lower (1995 cobra R was a 351)

best choice if going with a cobra intake is to try and get a 94/95 version

If this is the one your speaking of...then yes, a few of us have done the swap..

30681.jpg