Cobra Tails

• Sponsors (?)

I have a question for all of you. I bought the pinstipe but then realized that my taillights look more like...

just_got_it_4.jpg

(PS I got this pic from another thread. Its not my car but same taillights)

In your opinion, will the stripes still look OK on this taillight layout, should I do the whole tail light (brake and reverse ) or just the reverse light section. I think this is a kick ass idea, just want you comments. Thanks :rolleyes:

Lex said:
I have a question for all of you. I bought the pinstipe but then realized that my taillights look more like...

(PS I got this pic from another thread. Its not my car but same taillights)

In your opinion, will the stripes still look OK on this taillight layout, should I do the whole tail light (brake and reverse ) or just the reverse light section. I think this is a kick ass idea, just want you comments. Thanks :rolleyes:

I'm assuming your using tape pin striping ;) Well if thats the case the best advice I could give is just do it :D If you don't like it you can just peel it off. I probly wouldn't do it all at once maybe one side one way and the other side the other way. Then you could get a idea of what looks better to you. If you want to know what I think...I really don't think it would look good with the newer tail lights. I used a set of GT wht lovered tail lens my self.

Thanks man, but it definitely wasn't my idea to pinstripe taillights to look like SVO ones hee hee.

Another good thing to do when you do the pinstripes is to repaint that black stripe in the center. Usually it's all faded (mine are really bad :() and then it looks extra crappy against the nice new black pinstripes. I'm definitely gonna repaint mine soon. :nice: And you guys should DEFINITELY do the nailpolish trick, I had one pinstripe that I forgot to seal with it, and it's starting to peel. :eek: So it totally works.

Edit: No my car isn't orange on top, the sun was just shining weird that day lol.

first polish your lenses with aluminum polish and an air buffer, then pinstripe, then clearcoat the lense, and sell on ebay for 300.00 (whoops sorry about that last part)

So Taryn, let me know the next time your somewhere (if ever) in north texas, I'd love to run into a great looking stang like that with a lady at the helm!

Ditch those prime wheels (ekkkkkkkkkkk, my roomate has them on his 83)

JadeFalcon said:
first polish your lenses with aluminum polish and an air buffer, then pinstripe, then clearcoat the lense, and sell on ebay for 300.00 (whoops sorry about that last part)

So Taryn, let me know the next time your somewhere (if ever) in north texas, I'd love to run into a great looking stang like that with a lady at the helm!

Ditch those prime wheels (ekkkkkkkkkkk, my roomate has them on his 83)

She has to be about 2000 miles from us :(

I just regular polish and a buffer on my head lights. This will last me a week or two than its back to the dull faded look. I guess that is what I get for living in West Texas :D

StangGrrLy said:
Another good thing to do when you do the pinstripes is to repaint that black stripe in the center. Usually it's all faded (mine are really bad :() and then it looks extra crappy against the nice new black pinstripes. I'm definitely gonna repaint mine soon. :nice:

I noticed that my drivers side is black, but the passenger side is this ugly grey color. So ya I have to paint it this summer. :D