Coil is humming

I did a 6AL install 2 days ago. I went to the track yesterday and noticed a humming through the airvents. I was intrested to find out where this was coming from. So I popped the hood and it sounded like it was coming from the coil. It might be the power steering pump, but i am pretty sure it is the coil. Also when i was running last night i had a best of 14.564 @ 92.85 mph. This seems very slow to me considering my mods.
BFG drag radials on 16" rims, MSD coil, MSD 6AL, MSD 8.5MM superconductors, FMS 3.73's, BBK CAI, BBK underdrive pullies, BBK equal length headers, magnaflow X-Pipe and flowmaster cat back. I was runing 14.9-14.7's stock at around 92-94 mph.
Something does not seem right to me. Any segestions. I am goin back out to the track on monday and contimplating unhooking the 6AL. :shrug: Any help is great

• Sponsors (?)

We have pretty much the same setup. Heads don't count yet since I installed them this Spring and haven't been to the track yet. If you look at my sig I ran a sea level corrected 14.493s. Except your X-pipe and catback should've bought you a little more ET. Do you have your timing advanced at all? What are your 60' times? Mine were all 2.2-2.0s with street tires. With the BFG DRs you should be able to get 60' times <2.0s . :shrug:

yea 60' is a 2.076, 330' is a 5.997, and the 660' is a 9.289 1000' is a 12.204. I just thought the gears and radials would defenately put me in the 13's. I have not touched the timing yet, although i have been meaning to. What about the humming. Is that normal?

If the humming is coming from the coil I would so 'No' that is not normal. But, I'm still running stock w/FRPP wires. Hopefully someone will chime in with more experience there. :shrug:

Now as for the gears. I had the exact same experience. Gears did not help at all with stock H/C/I at the track. I believe Slow5.0 also found this out too when he put in 3.73 gears. Sure feels like it is stronger. :notnice:

Your 60' times will get better with practice though. :D

Thanks guys. Now I called MSD, and one of their tech reps told me i needed to get more fuel and advance my timing. I think i have read around 11-14*, but every car is different. Is that total timing or 11-14* more degrees? He also told me i needed better fuel system so i jus ordered an Aeromotive FPR, 65mm TB, and i finally found a Pro-M MAF. but it is almost $200 more than the Granatelli. Will it be worth the extra $?